First overclock, need help

Hello,

Just put on new Thermal paste and I think it works out. I just started it for the first time and allready seeing improvement.

When in windows and core1 gets to like 70 percent of load it just gets around 50 degreed Celsius. Is that good?

The other cores also don't go over 50 degrees Celsius. A guide for applying new Thermal paste states that it has to run a couple of days before you see really diffrent results.

So I think I'm good. What do you Think? Thanks for the help sofar. I think I'll be doing a new bios update and do the tweaking you said. But I think I got a pretty good and stable system now.

What do you think? Is it worth the risk (updating bios?)?

CunningCobra12

No harm in updating the BIOS. Just record your current settings so you'll have a starting point if you decide to.

Now the standard disclaimer - Do Not Flash Your BIOS Unless The New Bios Revision Fixes A Known Problem You Are Having With Your Board (i.e. if it ain't broke don't try and fix it).

However, I always run through about every BIOS that's available for any particular board I'm working with - even Beta BIOS or custom BIOS releases. After all the fiddling I'll eventually find one that meets the majority of my wants.

So the decision to flash is really yours. If something goes wrong though it sucks. With that being said, as long as you're careful and follow good BIOS flashing procedures you're safe.

No harm in updating the BIOS. Just record your current settings so you'll have a starting point if you decide to.

Now the standard disclaimer - Do Not Flash Your BIOS Unless The New Bios Revision Fixes A Known Problem You Are Having With Your Board (i.e. if it ain't broke don't try and fix it).

However, I always run through about every BIOS that's available for any particular board I'm working with - even Beta BIOS or custom BIOS releases. After all the fiddling I'll eventually find one that meets the majority of my wants.

So the decision to flash is really yours. If something goes wrong though it sucks. With that being said, as long as you're careful and follow good BIOS flashing procedures you're safe.

:withstupid: I always update but don't mess with Beta bioses as it made things nightmarish on one of my old boards until I reverted.

I love boards with dual-bios because then there's no risk at all!!

Edited by IVIYTH0S