my i5-2500k ...

hi

my 2500k seems to drop the multi back to 16 what do i need to disable in the bios to stop this?

my version is stepping 7 revision D2 are these known to overclock ok too? cheers

hi

my 2500k seems to drop the multi back to 16 what do i need to disable in the bios to stop this?

my version is stepping 7 revision D2 are these known to overclock ok too? cheers

This is normal when you drop into an idle state. With the second generation Core series processors you get the best of both worlds, energy saving at idle and high performance under load. Check your CPU speed using CPU when the CPU is under load. I use Cinebench to show this in my reviews

Disable power saving features.

Than enable the OC features. Also try to update your bios, you have a P8P67 Pro right as it says in your sig?

No need to disable the power saving features on this series of processors. The OC features, Speedstep and Turbo are enabled by default.

i just got the latest bios

i have sussed out that was power saving and now i know how it works cpu-z shows my overclock when i load my system with occt for example :)

i have it sat on 4.2ghz at the mo

i ran memtest with my ripjaws on stock and had ONE error... should i me worried?

No need to disable the power saving features on this series of processors. The OC features, Speedstep and Turbo are enabled by default.

"

Yes but the default still comes with many errors, alike BLCK 103. The DIGI+VRM are the most important though which are not set to the OC "neighborhood" by default lets say.

i have it sat on 4.2ghz at the mo

i ran memtest with my ripjaws on stock and had ONE error... should i me worried?

4.2Ghz is nice, but you can get a minimum of 4.5Ghz out of it. Probably more. But this is the average. I would start at 4.5ghz.

Yea I would be worried if you already now on a new machine get memtest errors. But you could get an immediate replacement from where you bought it probably though. Which I would suggest you do. If there is a real error. I am not familiar with the brand you bought but I would strongly recommend getting Kingston, OCZ or Corsair at least. Nothing beneath that in quality.

my memory is g.skill which are meant to be very good... i only memtested both units together as my d-14 would have been a pain in the neck switching ram modules over

yeah ill push it further than 4.2 next session :)

so the digi/vrm stuff isnt in the efi? i have seen an asus app within windows to adjust that stuff is that how i do it? sorry if these are like noob questions but i have jumped from a socket A LP-NF2 ultra B to this lol :)

hi -

manually im having stabilty probs over 4.5ghz - im hoping i have some settings wrong which i can correct

i used the asus AI suite out of curiousity... and it managed to clock just over 5gig.... BUT changed BCLK to 103 and pused the vcore upto 1.56.... and sat in windows whilst doing this

i dropped the vcore to 1.35 and BcLK down to 100 again... and then wouldnt boot, just hung on the windows boot screen

any ideas? cheers