Help with overclocking phenom 2 x4 be 975

Hey i have this setup at home.

Amd phenom II x4 be 975 8mb Am3

Gigabyte geforce gtx 560 oc 1gb Pci-e

Asus M4a88td-v Evo usb 3 am3

Kingston ddr3 hyperx 4gb 1600mhz cl9

Corsair tx 650w V2

Corsair h60 hydro series

I have read on multiple sites that this can be clocked to run stable at 4,3-4,4 ghz. But i tried following. The guides slowly raising the multiplier and volt(if needed) but if i run prime when i get over 4,2 and 1.5v it just gives me bsod so i stopped trying and though i might get some help from u guys

I am using prime95

Amd clock utility

Cpu-z

I have disabled c1e and cool n quiet

Cheers mrlondon

What is the bsod code by chance if you remember. Also have you done anything with the hypertransport or northbridge yet???

Cant remember the bsod its only blinking like 1 sec before reboot. And no i havent touched the hypertransport or northbridge they are still same as when i bought it

How are your load temps too??

When i play with it non clocked the idle temp is 29-30 and load when i play like mw2 wtil all on ultra around 40-41 degrees

hmmm.... are you using only the multi to overclock? try lowering the multi a bit and increasing the HTT but remember by doing so you will also be overclocking your RAM and CPU-NB. Also if you are stable at 4.2GHz you would get more performance by making your CPU-NB frequency higher to like 2800MHz if you can or even 2600MHz isnt bad just keep the CPU-NB volts below 1.35. Doing so will give you more performance increase than an extra 100 MHz would to your CPU.

i also noticed that if i turn up the CPU VID up to 1.5 and the multiplier follows the cpu-z only shows it using around 1.47xx instead of 1.5 is this just a approx reading or can it have anything to do with the error

i also noticed that if i turn up the CPU VID up to 1.5 and the multiplier follows the cpu-z only shows it using around 1.47xx instead of 1.5 is this just a approx reading or can it have anything to do with the error

thats just some VDroop may be due to either your mobo or power supply

Honestly if your not stability testing your system then I would go back to 4.0 ghz and get at least a few hours worth of prime 95 to run. This way you can get it back to stable and go from there. BTW. This will drasticly increase your load temps. Keep an eye on them and don't let the chip go over 60c. The phenoms that I have used liked it cold so at 4 ghz you may run into the heat wall.

Good luck.

hmmm.... are you using only the multi to overclock? try lowering the multi a bit and increasing the HTT but remember by doing so you will also be overclocking your RAM and CPU-NB. Also if you are stable at 4.2GHz you would get more performance by making your CPU-NB frequency higher to like 2800MHz if you can or even 2600MHz isnt bad just keep the CPU-NB volts below 1.35. Doing so will give you more performance increase than an extra 100 MHz would to your CPU.

i have tried raising the htt to 210 and the multiplyer to 20.5 instead of just raising the multiplier to 22. but i can easily apply these settings but as soon as i start running prime it runs for 1-2 min and either gives me a error or bsod, but my new problem is now that i updated the AMD overdrive to a newer version and now i cant raise the multiplier at all as u can see in the picture i uploaded

have you been using AMD overdrive to overclock this entire time? you can get stabler overclocks if you do it through the bios

yes i have i will try with bios tomorrow and then give u a reply !

good luck. and also i think you should see if keeping Cool N Quiet makes a difference in your stability. usually people reccomend turning it off which i dont understand because in my personal experience while overclocking Phenoms ive seen no difference in stability. Having it on keeps your idle temps lower wich may increase the life of your cpu in the long run.