i5-2500k idle temps seem outrageous.

After I get a decent and stable overclock I also re-enable Speed Step and C1E. I leave C-State disabled though.

I never hibernate or put my pc to sleep. It's either off or on.

Even though I can't get voltage reductions after I manually set a cpu voltage in the BIOS, the reduced CPU operating frequency does cut down on heat when in an idle state.

Ina Phenom II system that uses the CPU multiplier and the fsb to downclock the CPU yes it will downclock the sata ports. This im pretty sure would be because of the NB and sb being tied to the fsb clock so as it drops down there frequency would inherent the lower frequency. Believe me I'm pretty sure but not curtain as I can't remember everything from my Amd days. :lol:

Cool, I never knew that there were this many people who still used speed stepping while OC'd. We should do a Poll. :cheers:

EDIT: Poll and thread is up, we should discuss the speed stepping over there and continue advising mark on his temps here.

Edited by 90sgamer

I'm using the termal paste that came with the cooler, so not the best stuff out there. Glad to hear my temps are fine! ..and yes, I have speed step, ect disabled. I had my old E8400 OC'd to 4.2Ghz (from 3.0) using an Arctic Freezer Pro 7, and my temps idled at 35, but I guess that chip just ran a tad cooler. Thanks for the replies, this was my first time posting on here.