Help an old oc'er out people please?

dean25

I do have the option of sending it back in favor of a corsair h70 or h80. I was well and truly under the impression that the i7 2600k doesn't get that hot from all the reviews and was a cooler cpu than intel chips of the past.

I might stick it on first and see how it goes as the case came 20mins ago (good timing as I'd just finished work lol) and the haf x 942 is every bit as big as I though it would be and has scope for pretty much anything cooling wise.

I do have the option of sending it back in favor of a corsair h70 or h80. I was well and truly under the impression that the i7 2600k doesn't get that hot from all the reviews and was a cooler cpu than intel chips of the past.

I might stick it on first and see how it goes as the case came 20mins ago (good timing as I'd just finished work lol) and the haf x 942 is every bit as big as I though it would be and has scope for pretty much anything cooling wise.

It is until you really put the screws to it with the voltage. Then 8 threads are going to generate some heat. I have to use 1.49v and enable PLL overvoltage to get to 4.95Ghz on my ES 2600K. I have not pushed my retail sample that hard yet but its turn is coming.