Is there a water block for the Asus engtx580 DCUII

I like this Crome and nickel coated Cooper block from danger den.

http://www.dangerden.com/store/dd-gtx580-570-black-chrome-top-and-nickle-base-gtx-570-gtx-580.html

But it's not compatable with this Asus GTX 580 DCUII.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121429

Has anybody seen a block designed for the dcuII? Or does anybody know if a reference block can work, what are the differences on the card, ect.? Upgrading from a gigabyte 5850oc air. Reason for wanting to go with Asus is because the motherboard I have from them has been flawless and awsome. And specifically this card may have better, available power and VRM for a good overclock. If I can water-cool 1 or 2 of these I should be a happy camper for a while.

The point of the DirectCU was for better cooling on air. You will need an universal gpu block like MCW60/80. There will probably not be a full cover waterblock for that card.

Why get a DCII when you are just going to wc it ?? Just get a reference ASUS GTX580 and a fullcover block , you would never use those full 2x8pins on the DCII besides under LN2 ...

I can get my EVGA's to 1000mhz core and 2470mhz mem anyway , the normal reference ASUS GTX580's should be the way to go .

You may not even reach as high of an overclock on DCII's as universal blocks dont cover VRM's and they will limit your oc while the normal ASUS ones will be fully covered and will enable an even higher oc

Asus reference gtx580's seems scarce.

Discontinued according to newegg. Paranoid about taping new stores. :/

How do you like your EVGA? You got those clocks on air or a water loop? Is it a hydro copper FTW version or a reference plus postmarket block?

Hate to change the topic like this. But has anybody else had great overclocking results with EVGA reference 580's? Thanks (:

Edited by engstudent

I really like my engtx580 DCUII, I run them stock, as I don’t need more power and the cooler is so much efficient.

BUT if you want WC GTX 580, you willl be better purchasing an EVGA with the life-time warranty and you put the WC block of your choice, don’t purchase hydro copper one, they don’t cool well the VRM. Don’t be worry with the warranty, if a card need RMA, you simply remove the block and reinstall the manufacturer cooler, EVGA will accept it .

Edited by AquaLab

Asus reference gtx580's seems scarce.

Discontinued according to newegg. Paranoid about taping new stores. :/

How do you like your EVGA? You got those clocks on air or a water loop? Is it a hydro copper FTW version or a reference plus postmarket block?

Hate to change the topic like this. But has anybody else had great overclocking results with EVGA reference 580's? Thanks (:

My EVGA is great :) I actually got a 3D mark 11 run at that in the 3D Mark 11 thread, its on the stock air cooler with EVGA's 100% fan unlocked tool .

Its a reference model but you may not get that 1k core stable in gaming unless you flash the bios to unlock 1212mV from the 1150mV that normal GTX580 models have .

The ASUS reference model would've been the best as it has 1212mV standard but as you say , it might be discontinued .

My EVGA's get over 950mhz and 2250mhz stable in gaming with high fan speed so under water you should get great results .

With a flashed bios with 1212mV you should definately get 1k core stable and a high mem speed .