Need a new mid range video card

Well, that's actually a motherboard I didn't pick myself, my dad helped me out there.

I'm sure that price was a driving factor. No worries though. At least it's brand new gear and at least your dad loves you enough (and shares his time with you) on something that you enjoy. That in and of itself is GREAT!

I've been screwing around with a Gigabyte HD 6850 for probably two months now. The first one crashed my computer when its drivers were installed. I RMA'd that one back to Newegg. It's replacement works, but benches slower than the Sapphire HD4890 Vapor-X that it replaced. Various drivers were installed and I eventually had to send it in to Gigabyte for RMA. Once it came back, there was no explanation of what problems, if any. were found. This time, I did a fresh install of Win 7 64 bit and used the most current drivers from the ATI/AMD site. The card runs just as slow as it did when i sent it into Gigabyte. Either the card was never actually tested by Gigabyte, has problems that could not be found through their testing practices, or is just not compatible with my system as seen in my signature. I followed up again with my trouble ticket at Gigabyte and am awaiting a response.

If I had to do it again (and I may have to), I would probably choose the Asus card or just find something else.