Holy dust batman

I just cleaned one of the office PCs, the fan could barely spin there was so much dust.

No wonder it whined like a banshee at startup and lagged when people tried to play flash games.

Specs aren't too bad either E7400, 4gb memory and a decent enough low end ATI card.

I'm guessing it was just throttling like crazy with all that dust int he heatsink.

:P

Backed everything up and installed W7 a few minutes ago too, hopefully it a speed increase from XP.

EDIT:

Shiiiiit, I had forgotten that this PC only has 2GB of memory, I had thought both office PCs had 4gb!

86% usage just doing random tasks!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just cleaned one of the office PCs, the fan could barely spin there was so much dust.

No wonder it whined like a banshee at startup and lagged when people tried to play flash games.

Specs aren't too bad either E7400, 4gb memory and a decent enough low end ATI card.

I'm guessing it was just throttling like crazy with all that dust int he heatsink.

Backed everything up and installed W7 a few minutes ago too, hopefully it a speed increase from XP.

EDIT:

Shiiiiit, I had forgotten that this PC only has 2GB of memory, I had thought both office PCs had 4gb!

LOL, but thats why you did a system image with your backup right? ;)

EDIT:

Put the dust back and then you have something to blame for the crap performance :evilgrin: