For what I do, is Hyper Threading better left off???

I'm not usually one to recommend gimping an i7 (for why buy one when one will just make it an i5 anyway) but 6cores of a gulftown will be sick and there really is no cheaper i5 6core you could use instead so to save power and probably still gain more performance I'd run HT off. :thumbsup:

But I would be interested to see if the HT brings more or less performance for encoding (for I know some codecs don't benefit from more than maybe 4 cores, and others will take anything you can give)

The 200 MHz won't make much difference for gaming but I'd be surprised if encoding and such was slower with HT on even at the lower clock.

I say HT on.

Just did some game testing, and didnt see any performance difference at all using Fraps to monitor it. Temperature wasnt an issue either, running around the same with HT on/off while gaming. Ran Crysis 2, Black Ops and WoW, all the same... CPU utilisation in games just isnt there.

Guess I'll just leave old HT on with my 4.4ghz overclock, no point going back and forward for the same performance!

Thanks everyone for your help!