Perf Enhance setting in BIOS

I'm a newbie to OC'ing, but have been working with computers and programming since the 1970s when in college (PLATO/Tutor, FORTRAN, PL-I, Basic). I have a question concerning the "Performance Enhance" setting in my "Advanced Memory Settings" in BIOS. Sorry for the long-winded info below. Would rather give too much info, rather than not enough. My set up is:

Gigabyte MOBO GA-P67A-UD3P-B3

Intel i7-2600 (not K)

Qty 2 Corsair Vengeance Kits CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 (16GB total)

Corsair H70 cooler

Corsair RAM fan

Diamond HD6970 GPU (running three 23.6" 19x10 monitors)

Corsiar AX850 PSU

(and no, believe it or not, I don't even have a game on this PC -- business only so far)

I have increased BCLK to 105 without any problems (no change in Vcore settings, chipset runs at 50C at 100% load; about 21-30C under normal load and my fan speeds turned way down).

My Advanced Memory Settings are:

XMP: Profile1

SPD: 13.33 (my mem freq is at 1400MHz due to BCLK oc)

DRAM Timing Selectable: Quick (I have locking my DDR at the factory settings of 9-9-9-24)

Performance Enhance: WHAT IS THIS?

Prior to OCing it was set to Turbo. Now I have it set at Standard, but there is also an Extreme setting. It appears to be a Gigabyte thing in MB Intelligent Tweaker, but I can't find any good explanation anywhere yet.

My chip is running at 4.00GHz during Turbo mode and my memory is well under its 1600MHz speed at 1400MHz. I wanted a little extra oomph, but stability is critical since it's a business computer. Just wondering what this Perf Enhance setting shoudl be on. And ... if I envoke XMP and use Auto for my SPD my mem goes to about 1668MHz. Is this safe or should I keep it below 1600MHz? I have Corsair RAM fans on the memory too.

I'd say those overpriced Corsairs w/fan better be able to handle such a small bump of speed over stock :P

You won't get much more performance from memory overclocking though, maybe try dialing down the timings of the sticks until you reach instabilities then raise them until they stop. (hopefully being lower than stock spec)

Your CPU can't really OC without the unlocked multiplier sadly

I'd say those overpriced Corsairs w/fan better be able to handle such a small bump of speed over stock :P

You won't get much more performance from memory overclocking though, maybe try dialing down the timings of the sticks until you reach instabilities then raise them until they stop. (hopefully being lower than stock spec)

Your CPU can't really OC without the unlocked multiplier sadly

I figured the the Corsairs could handle it. Regarding the OC on the CPU, I know. I didn't intend to OC when I built the system -- it's for business, so I can't handle any instability that might cause data loss. But, I modest bump in BCLK is getting me more performance without anything in the system missing a step. Still trying to figure out the Performance Enhance "feature" of the Gigabyte BIOS, however.

In socket 775 motherboards it allowed for direct control of the tRD value between the northbridge and memory which really improved performance, but with 1155, 1156, and 1366 there really isn't an issue with latency since the memory controller is on the CPU.

So no, I have no idea what it does on that board.