Possible Watercooling!

I wanna WC so bad!

Lol tell me about it!

The worst part is i technically have the money to buy all the stuff right now, but i really shouldnt do it as i sorta need the money for other things lol... taking alot of will power to wait it out. Ive almost got all the stuff i need figured out. So im pretty much ready to just start dumping stuff in shopping carts and buy, dangerous phase of the project i believe.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the silver is all you need :cheers:

Although I fell like the components are prob better off w/o any addititves, they prob are not terribly bad for them either. It really is just more of an annoyance thing IMO. I used colored coolant on my very 1st loop, and when I went to redo the loop, it was a PITA to flush that crap out of the rad. Which is why I have never added anything like that in my loops since. Capi talks about a coolant that he uses, and not having any probs like that. Maybe they have improved the liquids. But, IMO, my WC loop really appreciates not having anything but a silver coil and plain ol' cheap distilled H20 :biggrin:

Without anything added to your loop, its is:

A. cheaper and

B. so much easier to flush!

Another thing I read is that, at least with Feser One, they put the anti algae and anti corrosive stuff in there, plus they somehow make it nonconductive. So if something does leak during or after testing, its less likely to short anything. Plus I like the UV glow in my 5.25 res :woot: . As for the gunk in the blocks it seems that anytime people have stuff in their blocks, they jump to the liquid, when it could be some particles that got in their loop somehow or any number of other things. The thin pin matrices in blocks these days act as a filter and catch everything thats not supposed to be there. Some experiments with feser one after 6 months here and even after 5 years here. Water is cheaper though! :D Your rig, your call!

Another thing I read is that, at least with Feser One, they put the anti algae and anti corrosive stuff in there, plus they somehow make it nonconductive.

That non-conductive property is gone very quickly after it runs through your loop for a few months. The gunk that people report is usually with impingement blocks and/or high flow systems. It's just not worth it when colored tubing is cheaper and doesn't affect performance at all.

That non-conductive property is gone very quickly after it runs through your loop for a few months. The gunk that people report is usually with impingement blocks and/or high flow systems. It's just not worth it when colored tubing is cheaper and doesn't affect performance at all.

Waco, we are like 2 broken records on this subject ;) How many times does it need to be said? Here it is 1 more time....Distilled water is "non-conductive" but over time, dust will change this, same as the expensive "non-conductive" liquids! Everything is conductive over time :biggrin:

Lol, This is good information still guys, keep it up! I never knew distilled water was non-conductive... tomorrow much google shall be had to confirm this!

Distilled water is conductive (but less conductive than tap water). De-ionized water is relatively nonconductive (much less than distilled when clean).

:cheers:

Distilled water is conductive (but less conductive than tap water). De-ionized water is relatively nonconductive (much less than distilled when clean).

:cheers:

Ah, i see. That makes more sense.

All of them will be conductive over time - so don't go splashing it on your parts. Leaks are always bad even with "non-conductive" coolant. :P

Well i hadnt planned on dosing my parts in de-ionized water just to test it... lol, But i find it interesting that its less conductive though. I always assumed water was conductive, thats the way it is. But i makes alot more sense that its the minerals in water to make it conductive, not the H20 itself.

Ill post up a thought I have for you tonight when I get home. I wouldn't buy anything just yet as this may be an easier way to do WV in that case.

Thanks Boinker, i look forward to your thoughts later today!

Waco, we are like 2 broken records on this subject ;) How many times does it need to be said? Here it is 1 more time....Distilled water is "non-conductive" but over time, dust will change this, same as the expensive "non-conductive" liquids! Everything is conductive over time :biggrin:

I love learning new things! Especially when they save me money :biggrin: Thanks guys! Feser (of course) says that the uv properties will be much better when the uv fluid and uv tubing are used together. Is that true at all or just a marketing ploy? I wonder if the LED's in the reservoir will have the same effect as the UV with the feser one....

Feser (of course) says that the uv properties will be much better when the uv fluid and uv tubing are used together. Is that true at all or just a marketing ploy? I wonder if the LED's in the reservoir will have the same effect as the UV with the feser one....

I wouldn't be surprised if it glows more with both UV fluid and tubing...but all tubing I've ever seen is REALLY bright under UV for most colors.

I use LEDs in my reservoir and it glows almost too brightly. :lol: