Corsair H60 cooling

Hello everyone,

Air over clocker here looking to maybe start a liquid cooled system (I live in Vegas so it gets hot with fans) and I was wondering how long the Corsair H60 would work for? I feel like just starting with a beginner style water cooler but I'm concerned that maybe it will only work for a year or maybe I have to refill a reservoir every so often?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

The Corsair H50, H60, and H70 are all self contained WC units. They will not need "refilling" after any period of time. Corsair makes very solid products, and although I have never owned the H60, I have owned 3 H50's and have never had problems with any of them! With the H60, you get a 2yr warranty from Corsair, but I imagine that the cooler will last longer than that :thumbsup:

Well, for starters, you should list the cpu and gpu you intend to cool. Because temps vary so much, and there is just such a big difference between AMD and Intel for cpu temps, especially the i7's, they run hot! Also what case do you have, since water cooling will eat up space inside of a case pretty quickly. This will help me get a better idea of what you need, and what kind of space you have to work with!

Looks like you biggest hurdle will be the space in the Antec P180. Since your cpu, the AMD 940 doesn't run very hot, you could probably get a way with running the cpu and gpu with a 240mm radiator. But, you would see lower temps and more OC headroom if you went with a 360mm rad for a single loop on the cpu and gpu. But with only 1 exhaust fan on the back, and another 1 fan on the top, mounting a 240mm internally will prob not work out with your P180. Are you wanting everything to fit inside the case, or would mounting the rad externally be an option for you?

Hmmmm see my system is getting a little dated, so I was thinking of building a new system in 6 months or so. Maybe I should wait and then get a case that can house everything internally. From I've been hearing everyone likes that HAF case so maybe that will be a good start to my new build. Thanks for all your help

np on all the help :cheers:

Yea, if you are planning on building a new system soon, then waiting and looking at new cases will be your best bet! That way you can calculate your new cpu and or gpu's heat/power output and get the WC components that you need! The HAF 932 or X is great for WC, because they can house a 120.3(360mm) radiator at the top of the case!

What about Koolance? Do they still make cases?

No they don't, you can still find their older cases sometimes used, but I don't suggest it. You are much better off getting a nice case like one of the HAF series, and modding it yourself for water cooling!

No they don't, you can still find their older cases sometimes used, but I don't suggest it. You are much better off getting a nice case like one of the HAF series, and modding it yourself for water cooling!

i dont think you have to do any modding on the haf 932/x, other than maybe securing the pump to the bottom. on the haf 932 if you were wanting a bit more extreme you still dont have to modify you can put this on the side panel! and if you have a 360 up top and a 140 out back you could wc quad fire with a couple oced 6990's! everything internal!

That thing looks beastly. I think I'm gonna get a H60 for this summer and see if that decreases the heat in my office without having to have my AC on all day. If it does, when I build my new system, i'll get something more hardcore