Sourround sound setup need

xPETEZx

it cost a good $500-800 for good receiver and you can go all the way up to $3000!. i think my setup overall cost a little less than $1000 and its not even starting to hit the high price.

custom setup compared to a all in one system is going to sound 90% better for 1/4th the price and than you start to climb the ladder which gives you a baseline of good sound but a $2000 jump only gives you 3% better sound. it's painful to spend so much but i can hear the difference between a CD and a DVD-Audio disc. i'll never go back!

i have my floor standing speakers bi-wired (which you can't hear a difference if its not loseless audio or DVD-A) but it does give the feeling of hear sound in front of you not from a angle or direction. i recommend this to anyone who has the extra cash for a A/V that support Bi-wiring.

Edited by hornybluecow

Congrats on you new system.Have you ran Audyssey ?

Yes! First I just ran the quick set-up, and it sounded great. But later I decided to run the full set-up and boy its made a difference! Just sounds amazing now! :D

it cost a good $500-800 for good receiver and you can go all the way up to $3000!. i think my setup overall cost a little less than $1000 and its not even starting to hit the high price.

custom setup compared to a all in one system is going to sound 90% better for 1/4th the price and than you start to climb the ladder which gives you a baseline of good sound but a $2000 jump only gives you 3% better sound. it's painful to spend so much but i can hear the difference between a CD and a DVD-Audio disc. i'll never go back!

i have my floor standing speakers bi-wired (which you can't hear a difference if its not loseless audio or DVD-A) but it does give the feeling of hear sound in front of you not from a angle or direction. i recommend this to anyone who has the extra cash for a A/V that support Bi-wiring.

I have a couple of Audiophile friends (I didn't ask them about spending £400-500 on sound as they would just have said save it and spend £2k) and both have systems costing upwards of 1.5 - 2k, and both have them Bi-amp'd. Neither has said they can tell the difference. Even with a DVD-A.

So im surprised you can.

Thing I always find with spending large amounts of money on something, you WANT it to sound/look/perform better, so often you make yourself believe there is a difference, when really there isnt.

very true. my system is very cheap compared to what you could spend but it's enough for me. I also can hear the sound of electronics being on, kinda like the high pitch sound folding gives. might be why i can hear it. sounds more clean and none directional if that makes sense.