1055t LLC issues

yeah, i did use the timings you suggested. but when the fsb is allready stable at the current speed, raising the multi shuldent have no effect on the fsb, since the multi only works on the cpu?

and when im using phenomtweaker the CPU VID is really innacurate, im reading 0.3-0.5 to much when using the program

I'm not sure what you mean. The 1055T has a max multi of x14, right? So one way to get to 4.06GHz is by setting up in your BIOS a x11 multi, but set your FSB to 290. When you get into Windows, you'll be at 3.19GHz, but when you use PhenomMsrTweaker and raise the multi to x14, you'll be at 4.06GHz (14 x 290).

You're probably having the same issue I had on my ASUS motherboard. The CPU VID may be working like an Offset rather than Manual adjustments. I would tweak it to make sure the voltages stay in the 1.46v (min) to 1.51v (max) range if you want stable 4.06GHz. That might mean putting your CPU VID to 1.15v - 1.25v. You're just going to have to tweak around with it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind, I know what you meant. Well, it's partially true, but not completely. You still need to adjust your NB VID even though you're not increasing your FSB because you're putting added stress to it at higher frequencies.

For example, when I want to reach 4.2GHz, I just up my multiplier by 1, but I need to adjust my CPU VID to 1.5v and my NB VID to 1.35v. If I kept my NB VID at 1.3v, it would BSOD when running Prime95 when it starts testing the memory.

Well i've made sure the voltage settings in bios is manual and not offset. so i just have have a low multi in bios an work my way up via phenomtweaker? should i set the CPU VID to 1.4 an NB VID to 1.3 in bios and just continue in phenomtweaker?

Edited by pils91

Well i've made sure the voltage settings in bios is manual and not offset. so i just have have a low multi in bios an work my way up via phenomtweaker? should i set the CPU VID to 1.4 an NB VID to 1.3 in bios and just continue in phenomtweaker?

On some motherboards, it doesn't matter if the BIOS CPU adjustment is in manual, PhenomMsrTweaker seems to have a mind of its own on deciding how it's going to adjust its CPU voltages. Basically, yes, have a low multi in BIOS and make your way up via PhenomMsrTweaker. You don't need to set your CPU VID and NB VID in BIOS that high since you're goal is to get into Windows stable with a high FSB.

2. I can't overclock stable into Windows at 4.0GHz - 4.2GHz. I used to be able to at 4.0GHz all the time, but only some of the time now.

If it can't boot to Windows can you really call it stable? :dunno:

On some motherboards, it doesn't matter if the BIOS CPU adjustment is in manual, PhenomMsrTweaker seems to have a mind of its own on deciding how it's going to adjust its CPU voltages. Basically, yes, have a low multi in BIOS and make your way up via PhenomMsrTweaker. You don't need to set your CPU VID and NB VID in BIOS that high since you're goal is to get into Windows stable with a high FSB.

tried that too, still cant get beyond 3.9 ghz.. so i guess im just stuck?

Give me more details of what's not working. You should be able to get to 4.2GHz with a 1055T, much less 4.0GHz.

1. Checked that your RAM timings are at 9-11-9-27-1T?

2. Loading into Windows fine at x11 multiplier with 290 FSB?

3. Setting each P0/P1/P2/P3/P4 to x14 multiplier with CPU VID 1.35v and NV VID 1.3v?

3a. Check CPU-Z and see what your CPU Voltage reads at. If it's at 1.46v idle, that's what you need to aim for.

4. Keep adjusting each CPU VID so your CPU Voltage reading in CPU-Z reads 1.46v idle.

5. Once that's done, run Prime95 and keep monitoring your CPU Voltage in CPU-Z to make sure it doesn't go lower than 1.46v or higher than 1.51v, and monitor your temps so it doesn't go above 62C.

Give me more details of what's not working. You should be able to get to 4.2GHz with a 1055T, much less 4.0GHz.

1. Checked that your RAM timings are at 9-11-9-27-1T?

2. Loading into Windows fine at x11 multiplier with 290 FSB?

3. Setting each P0/P1/P2/P3/P4 to x14 multiplier with CPU VID 1.35v and NV VID 1.3v?

3a. Check CPU-Z and see what your CPU Voltage reads at. If it's at 1.46v idle, that's what you need to aim for.

4. Keep adjusting each CPU VID so your CPU Voltage reading in CPU-Z reads 1.46v idle.

5. Once that's done, run Prime95 and keep monitoring your CPU Voltage in CPU-Z to make sure it doesn't go lower than 1.46v or higher than 1.51v, and monitor your temps so it doesn't go above 62C.

3. when im in phenomtweaker usig the settings as you said, and press apply i get istant bsod!

Try going lower than 1.3v for your CPU VID, and maybe up your NB VID to 1.35v, too. If tweaking it won't work, not sure what else you can try.

i had to lower the multi to 8x to get it to boot @1.25 vcore but it still cant get beyond 3.9 ghz