Water cooling - Some questions

Gr4vitas

That a pretty small case.

:blink: The HAF X is a small case?

IIRC it can fit a 120.3 in the top of the case just like the HAF 932...or am I completely off base here?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: The HAF X is a small case?

IIRC it can fit a 120.3 in the top of the case just like the HAF 932...or am I completely off base here?

No, as long as you leave the top optical drive bay open you can put a triple 120 in the pig, thought I'm not sure if you can mount the third fan all the way at the forward end.

No, as long as you leave the top optical drive bay open you can put a triple 120 in the pig, thought I'm not sure if you can mount the third fan all the way at the forward end.

Well losing the top bay or two is expected (it's the same on the 932). I'd be surprised if you couldn't install a fan there as well.

Well losing the top bay or two is expected (it's the same on the 932). I'd be surprised if you couldn't install a fan there as well.

Yea, I'm not home at the moment but I think if you leave a second bay open you should be able to mount the third fan as well. Will confirm when I get home, I have no problem ditching my top two optical drive bays, I only use 1 anyway. Well two / three with a one / two bay res.

That's what I figured. The mounting holes are there you just need to leave space for the fans/rad to physically fit.

I have 2 25mm fans and a 25mm shroud mounted on the front of mine - I'd be shocked if the HAF X can't fit the same. :P

I strongly recommend NOT using dyes - all sorts of crap builds up in your loop, which may increase your temps or damage your pump. Instead, look at how awesome my rig turned out when I redid it recently with colored tubing. It doesn't cost that much more per foot, and it doesn't affect performance.

Nearly done building!

DSC_0213.jpg

First boot - before wire management, just for the hell of seeing how it looked with the cathodes on.

DSC_0220.jpg

I saw a couple petra's tech links in this thread - don't buy there anymore. Petra sold it to some other guy, the customer service is HORRIBLE now. I messaged the owner at least 5 times about an issue, and still no reply months later. I ended up having to buy the same part again from another website.

Edited by l33t p1mp

Did you really just say not to use dye and then post a pic with a bottle of HydrX on top of your case? :biggrin: I guess it's better than dye but it's not distilled + silver coil. :P

As for Petra's - I just did business with them a week or so ago and I have no complaints. I tend to use FrozenCPU more though.

Edited by Waco

Did you really just say not to use dye and then post a pic with a bottle of HydrX on top of your case? :biggrin: I guess it's better than dye but it's not distilled + silver coil. :P

As for Petra's - I just did business with them a week or so ago and I have no complaints. I tend to use FrozenCPU more though.

That bottle, believe it or not, is from my first ever water loop, about 3 years ago. :lol: I somehow dug it up and left it there to remind myself "never again."

Petra's is fine if you're lucky enough to not have to do anything related to customer service. Buying from the website works just fine and all, but as soon as something goes wrong, you're royally screwed.

Yea I've always been a bit skeptical of Petra's. I was probably going to order all my stuff through frozen cpu. I think I may go ahead and get a triple when I do. I'll also probably just pick up some UV red tubing.

How many feet of tubing is a safe amount to get usually? I'll just be cooling my cpu to start, with a bay res most likely (possibly a T fill port) and the rad.

For my loop, I bought 8 feet to be safe. I had about a foot leftover, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Plus, if you DO buy more, you'll have some left for the next time you redo your loop.