nezrop

system

mobo: msi p43-c51

cpu:intel e8400

ram:8gbs i think patriot

3 hard drives including one ssd

gpu:gtx470

psu:680watt

i have acheived 3.7 ghz (412x9) on stock power settings when i tried to go to 3.8 (423x9) it crashed so i tried bumping up the power to settings i know worked for other people in many different combinations including all of the cpu power settings increased to were most people get over 4ghz but it still crashes ever time, no boot. does any one have any ideas on what might cause this?

for those who reply thanks for the help!

Memtest86 is what I think ivy is refering too. I have overclocked a C2D or two but cannot seem to remember how. Good luck. And BTW: what stage of boot are you refering too. Post, freeze, boot screen or no video output at all? What does it do?

just tried slowin g down my ram from 1097 mhz to aroumn 1000 and change vcore from auto which runs aroun 1.27 and my northbridge v to 1 wich my fsb set to 423x9 and it was the same problem

Memory is a pain as always. Its usually the cause of a no post or no video in the systems I have run when overclocking. That does not mean its the issue its just the first thing I try to rule out cause if i test it last that is usually what it ends up being. then dimms go flying.