New To Overclocking looking for tips

Hello All,

Ive been a computer enthusiast for a while and recently have wanted to get into over clocking and have some nice hardware to work with was just looking for some tips or threads or manuals and what not to get started on below are my computer specs

Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5

2 X ATI Radeon HD5770 by XfX

8GB of Patirot Viper 2 DDR 3 @ 1600 MHz

AMD Phenom 2 X6 T1100 Black Edition

Corsair H50 Closed Water Cooling Unit

500 GB HD

Thermaltake Black Widow 800W

Thermaltake ElementS MidTower Case

Logitech Z-2300 300W 2.1 Speakers

42" Plasma HD TV

Im really looking for some Overclocking tips on my new processor (AMD 1100T Black Edition) and my 5770's

Anything would be helpful

Thanks,

Saltcracker :thumbsup:

Edited by Saltcracker

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For your CPU just up the multiplier and you should be good. (remember to watch your heat levels)

For your GPU's use ATI overdrive. (again watch heat and check for artifacts)

For your CPU just up the multiplier and you should be good. (remember to watch your heat levels)

For your GPU's use ATI overdrive. (again watch heat and check for artifacts)

What are good temps for the CPU and GPU Respectivly

What are good temps for the CPU and GPU Respectivly

62c is max temp for that Phenom II. So you would want to keep it somewhere in the area of 55c~ish max while stress testing as to not put too much strain on the CPU and ensure it has a long life. I would imagine with that H50(is it single fan or push/pull?) With single fan i see you getting 3.6-3.8ghz for nice stable 24/7 temps with push/pull(2 fans) id imagine you'd have little issue keeping heat down for a nice 4.0ghz 24/7 OC.

Those 5770's dont like getting hotter than 90c, but can as i believe the danger zone isnt til 95-100c(mine would get angry and lock up sometimes when it went over 85c though). Typically i kept my 5770(when i had it) at 75-80c or so in games. It was overclocked like a champ though 1010mhz on the core and 1350 on the memory which is quite significant over stock clocks, but most of the time i had it at 950/1250. The fan in mine was really really loud at 100% so i never allowed it to go over 65% which was part of the high temps in games. When at 100% temps stayed 65-70c under heavy stress testing.

MercuryDoun thats seems really hot for a 5770(also when I had it). I had mine OCed and it never got past 57C under-full load. I had the fans at 45%

Edited by Black6464

62c is max temp for that Phenom II. So you would want to keep it somewhere in the area of 55c~ish max while stress testing as to not put too much strain on the CPU and ensure it has a long life. I would imagine with that H50(is it single fan or push/pull?) With single fan i see you getting 3.6-3.8ghz for nice stable 24/7 temps with push/pull(2 fans) id imagine you'd have little issue keeping heat down for a nice 4.0ghz 24/7 OC.

Those 5770's dont like getting hotter than 90c, but can as i believe the danger zone isnt til 95-100c(mine would get angry and lock up sometimes when it went over 85c though). Typically i kept my 5770(when i had it) at 75-80c or so in games. It was overclocked like a champ though 1010mhz on the core and 1350 on the memory which is quite significant over stock clocks, but most of the time i had it at 950/1250. The fan in mine was really really loud at 100% so i never allowed it to go over 65% which was part of the high temps in games. When at 100% temps stayed 65-70c under heavy stress testing.

The H50 is a closed Water Cooling system from corsair for my processor heres the link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181010

The H50 is a closed Water Cooling system from corsair for my processor heres the link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181010

You'll find most members on this forum are familiar with the H50 but I think the Noctua NH-D14 is better unless you go for a customised water cooling solution. ;)

You'll find most members on this forum are familiar with the H50 but I think the Noctua NH-D14 is better unless you go for a customised water cooling solution. ;)

Ah well im new to this forum and OC stuff and he asked so figured id tell :-D i already have the H50 and dont really feel like going out and purchasing another CPU fan/system , but i appreciate the suggestion ill keep it in mind formy next machine.

Just dont know what kind of performance i can count on out of the H50 with the processor i have