[WTB] C2Q 45nm

CowKing

Ive got a Q9450 sitting around somewhere but I would want more than 55$ for it, send me a PM if your interested

PM'd

LGA775 is dead, but dont sweat it, that cpu is no slouch, ! you could use a bit more memory, but if is just gaming then is ok, maybe a better gpu.

This CPU IS really great, but I've been noticing that games have are running it at a pretty consistent 80-100%. BTW, a better GPU? I think a GTX 460 is pretty dang awesome since I got it as a gift and way better than that POS GTS 250 I had.....I might use that for a Physx card when I finally upgrade the whole thing.

Just a tip Cow, with the OEM versions just call up Microsoft and tell them you switch your motherboards a lot and explain to them you build your own pc and change it a lot. They would most likely give you another activation, they just don't want their copies being used on more than 1 running PC.

Good luck with finding a cpu.

its much easier if you DONT call the Outsourced 1-800 number. If you call the Toll number its much easier and alot let hassle as thats a MS direct number....

Duly noted. Thank you.

its much easier if you DONT call the Outsourced 1-800 number. If you call the Toll number its much easier and alot let hassle as thats a MS direct number....

:withstupid:

if the Q9450 deal doesn't go through, I still vote AM3. You wont find better value.

:withstupid: if the Q9450 deal doesn't go through, I still vote AM3. You wont find better value.

No offense, but I would rather not deal with AMD's chipsets that barely support AHCI (at least the rig I built for my dad that I'm using now) and other things that I like to have. It would definitely be better than what I have now, but again 1) I have an OEM version and don't want to do the BS dance with Microsoft and 2) I'm a bit of a fanboy.

gotdamojo06 hasn't responded to, or read, the PM I sent him so I'm accepting other offers.