How much farther can I go?

Hey guys,

I have a Gigabyte 6850 video card and so far I've overclocked it to 975 core clock and 1200 on the memory clock with a voltage of 1262. I was wondering what the safe voltages are for the Gigabyte 6850, I'm using Sapphire Trixx and the voltage slider allows it to go up to 1300. I was wondering if I could continue to push it all the way to the limit as long as my temps allow it? I am wanting to push the card to 1GHz. Also, is there a specific ratio that should be followed between the core clock and the memory clock?

Thanks for the input,

Phreelix

That's what I've been doing thus far, but I want to know how far I can continue to push the voltage. Is it safe to go all the way to 1300? Thanks

As long as your temps are good, then go ahead and push it to 1300! I have pushed my 6970's to 1300 ;)

Alright thanks guys, I lowered the memory clock to 1150 and got the core clock up to the desired 1GHz without raising the voltage, I may try to get the 1200 memory clocks back but for now I think this is fine, and its good to know that I can push the voltage higher if need be as long as I have adequate cooling.

Alright thanks guys, I lowered the memory clock to 1150 and got the core clock up to the desired 1GHz without raising the voltage, I may try to get the 1200 memory clocks back but for now I think this is fine, and its good to know that I can push the voltage higher if need be as long as I have adequate cooling.

Um guys are forgenting about something the Sensor shows them temps for GPU not for the VRM's, i wouldn't go too High on the OC for the memory.

I have PowerColor HD6850 PCs+ running safe and Cool ate 850/1100.

Um guys are forgenting about something the Sensor shows them temps for GPU not for the VRM's, i wouldn't go too High on the OC for the memory.

I have PowerColor HD6850 PCs+ running safe and Cool ate 850/1100.

1525 @ 1300mv on the mem and everything is fine ;)

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=180388&view=findpost&p=1893718