Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 overclocking

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ops, i got this After 1 hour of Blend test...

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

This is for CPU 1 and stopped working,

CPU 2 Continues...

And the temps got 78c for 3 seconds as i saw, then dropped again at 65-70c...

Any ideas?

I'm still incomplete with my Case, but i did something today for better cooling, and the temps Dropped to a maximum of 72 without going any higher! (Most of the time is <70)

Prime is running for 2 hours now with no Errors!

I think that going higher that 74C (Tj max from intel) was causing this FATAL ERROR... even if it was for ~3 seconds...

I ll let Prime running till the morning!

Im kinda sure that i wont be able to Overclock more than 4,2Ghz but this is great enough!

After i finish with my case, i ll go higher voltages, and higher Frequencies! :ph34r:

3 and a half hours passed, im still awake!

I noticed that Worker 1 is at the "Test 1", but Worker 2 is at "Test 4"... Is this something weird or normal?

It means that Worker 1 is slower? or that This worker is used for other programs(like Gadgets or the RealTemp i use)and this is the reason that he is still at the 1st test?

<<Cpu temp raised to 80c... using the "In-Place large FTTs"... 4 hours running it>>

Edited by John_again

http://www.vgadownload.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/SAPPHIRE-100283-3L-Radeon-HD-5770.jpg

Just an optional question...

I have this egg-like Card,

The temps are extremely low, (max of 55c under Furmark)...

But! i can't change the Voltages for this card... which are too low (1.125) and i want to overclock this thing! at this voltage i can go stable at 980 Gpu Clock, and 1355Mhz Memory clock!...

But! i want to go higher as well as everything else!

And What do you think of this Graphics Card?? Im very dissapointed... (my opinion!)

I dropped the temps lower by re-paste the chipsets of my mobo... everything is cooler now, and CPU too... dropped like 5c!

Waiting for a glass now to complete my case!...

*Re-Paste (im not sure if this is correct!) but i mean with Thermal paste! :P

Edited by John_again