New at Oc can you help?

DnaAngel

I pretty experienced with computers but just venturing out as far as OC goes, figured i'd practice on my old AGP rig first then more to my PCI-E rig.

I have an old p4 and mobo that i would like to get the absolute most of and still be stable even when gaming, here are my current specs for my AGP Rig.

Mobo: intel desktop board d875pbz

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.26ghz 512kb l2 cache 533Mhz FSB (overclocked to 2.35mhz in BIOS) stock cooled

RAM: 2x512MB DDR 333Mhz stock

PSU: ISO P4 certified 450 Watt single 12v Rail

Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Video: HIS Radeon HD4670 IceQ 1Gb DDR3 AGP.

The mobos Bios only allows for up to a 4% overclock (centered) with no real options other then Burn-In

Ive used the windows based program ClockGen to get the CPU up to 2.63Ghz and be stable.

I use Speedfan to monitor my temps and after i run 3dMark05 for 15 mins temp only gets to 110 F i have very adequate stock cooling with 3 80mm Antec blue LED fans ( 1 intake, 2 exhaust) my PSU has 2 fans 1 120mm intake and a 80mm Exhaust. under the hardest load I never see CPU temps go above 110-112 F and case temps go over 90 F.

I use both Passmark 7.0 and 3Dmark05 for benchmarking but dont really see much improvements with the ClockGen Overclock. Question is whats an efficent way to OC my comp to the max and still be stable?

Edited by DnaAngel

I pretty experienced with computers but just venturing out as far as OC goes, figured i'd practice on my old AGP rig first then more to my PCI-E rig.

I have an old p4 and mobo that i would like to get the absolute most of and still be stable even when gaming, here are my current specs for my AGP Rig.

Mobo: intel desktop board d875pbz

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.26ghz 512kb l2 cache 533Mhz FSB (overclocked to 2.35mhz in BIOS) stock cooled

RAM: 2x512MB DDR 333Mhz stock

PSU: ISO P4 certified 450 Watt single 12v Rail

Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Video: HIS Radeon HD4670 IceQ 1Gb DDR3 AGP.

The mobos Bios only allows for up to a 4% overclock (centered) with no real options other then Burn-In

Ive used the windows based program ClockGen to get the CPU up to 2.63Ghz and be stable.

I use Speedfan to monitor my temps and after i run 3dMark05 for 15 mins temp only gets to 110 F i have very adequate stock cooling with 3 80mm Antec blue LED fans ( 1 intake, 2 exhaust) my PSU has 2 fans 1 120mm intake and a 80mm Exhaust. under the hardest load I never see CPU temps go above 110-112 F and case temps go over 90 F.

I use both Passmark 7.0 and 3Dmark05 for benchmarking but dont really see much improvements with the ClockGen Overclock. Question is whats an efficent way to OC my comp to the max and still be stable?

Not sure what your PCIe rigs specs are but the lessons you learn withthe above probably aren't going to be that applicable to it.