i5-760

dario_92

My intel i5-760 wont boot at 3.50ghz, i am at 3.40ghz just now but it wont let me go any higher. My multiplier is at 19 just now and i have changed the profile to X.M.P.

any suggestions would be great, Thanks :cheers:

I think your memory speed is what is causing the instability at 3.5ghz as it's over 1600mhz and they may not like going too far above their factory rated (it's at 1768mhz at 3.4ghz)

3.5ghz would have the ram running at 1842mhz which would most likely cause the it's instability

I think your memory speed is what is causing the instability at 3.5ghz as it's over 1600mhz and they may not like going too far above their factory rated (it's at 1768mhz at 3.4ghz)

3.5ghz would have the ram running at 1842mhz which would most likely cause the it's instability

is there anyway i can change this ?

is there anyway i can change this ?

should be.

Can you get some screenshots of you bios, there should be a way to lower your ram speed.

Though if you lower the bclock and raise the multiplier that will lower your memory speed in a different way than I was suggesting.

Why aren't you at the 21x??

yeah I mean if it runs stable over it's rated speed awesome, i just think that the memory divider before made them run too high a speed and that's why you'd crash.

Now you may keep going to your known ram limit :D

Also STRESS TEST!