Maximus Formula + E5200 overclock help

JuniorPC

I'm trying to overclock my E5200 but cant get past 3.2GHz. Everything is in the bios is on auto but raised it to 250 instead of 200. Any help would be great.

EDIT: Need help with the bios setting?

Edited by JuniorPC

I'm trying to overclock my E5200 but cant get past 3.2GHz. Everything is in the bios is on auto but raised it to 250 instead of 200. Any help would be great.

EDIT: Need help with the bios setting?

To get a decent overclock you're going to have to overclock it manually. What kind of cooling and memory do you have?

Edited by TheHippi

To get a decent overclock you're going to have to overclock it manually. What kind of cooling and memory do you have?

here my system

CM690 5 X 120MM

Asus Maximus Formula

Intel E5200

Scythe Ninja

2GB DDR2 Crucial 667MHz

9400GT (my 275GTX died and my 6870 is in the mail.

PC Power & Cooling 750 watts Quad (red)

Edited by JuniorPC

One problem that the e5200's had was that a lot of them would hit a FSB wall around 330 or so. Try a 325 FSB with a 11.5 multiplier and 1.4 on vcore. Put your RAM on the lower multiplier you can get for now to how high you can get your CPU.

One problem that the e5200's had was that a lot of them would hit a FSB wall around 330 or so. Try a 325 FSB with a 11.5 multiplier and 1.4 on vcore. Put your RAM on the lower multiplier you can get for now to how high you can get your CPU.

And I would leave everything else on auto?

EDIT: 1.4volt isnt to much?

Edited by JuniorPC

And I would leave everything else on auto?

EDIT: 1.4volt isnt to much?

Make sure you disable all of the power saving features like speedstep and C1E. And as for the voltage, it could be, I don't really remember how well the ninjas work. My fenrir could handle up to around 1.45. Just make sure your temps don't go above 70C during stress testing.

How far do you want to overclock it anyway? If you just want to get it as high as you can get you're probably going to have to figure out the settings on your own. Every chip is different, and my old e5200 was just average when it came to overclocking. I could get it to around 3.8ghz before it needed more voltage than my cooling could handle. Google some overclocking guides so you can learn how to get the best clock for your chip.

Make sure you disable all of the power saving features like speedstep and C1E. And as for the voltage, it could be, I don't really remember how well the ninjas work. My fenrir could handle up to around 1.45. Just make sure your temps don't go above 70C during stress testing.

How far do you want to overclock it anyway? If you just want to get it as high as you can get you're probably going to have to figure out the settings on your own. Every chip is different, and my old e5200 was just average when it came to overclocking. I could get it to around 3.8ghz before it needed more voltage than my cooling could handle. Google some overclocking guides so you can learn how to get the best clock for your chip.

Here is what I got, I wasn't sure on how to use IntelBurnTest but I ran it for 20 runs. What you think, could I get more out if it?

post-75667-12957640936572_thumb.png

Here is what I got, I wasn't sure on how to use IntelBurnTest but I ran it for 20 runs. What you think, could I get more out if it?

Your temps are fine, so you can try raising your FSB until your overclock isn't stable. You do have to run stability tests for longer to see if your overclock is stable, at least an hour at first and at least 8 hrs to test your final overclock.

You can also raise your multiplier too if you hit a wall on the FSB.

Edited by TheHippi

Your temps are fine, so you can try raising your FSB until your overclock isn't stable. You do have to run stability tests for longer to see if your overclock is stable, at least an hour at first and at least 8 hrs to test your final overclock.

You can also raise your multiplier too if you hit a wall on the FSB.

For for a few hours I have to run the test? Is IntelBurnTest a good one to use? Also what the temp I don't want to go over 70-75?

Edited by JuniorPC

For for a few hours I have to run the test? Is IntelBurnTest a good one to use? Also what the temp I don't want to go over 70-75?

I always use Prime95, but some people use Intel Burn Test. And it's the core temperatures, the ones that RealTemp is showing that you don't want to go above 70.

try even higher fsb, the voltage is at its highest iguess (at least i wouldn't go further). If you can't go higher it might be the ram, then try even lower memory speed (can you set it to 533 or even 400 that would be great, but not if you don't need it of course...)

try even higher fsb, the voltage is at its highest iguess (at least i wouldn't go further). If you can't go higher it might be the ram, then try even lower memory speed (can you set it to 533 or even 400 that would be great, but not if you don't need it of course...)

I ran it for 200 runs.

post-75667-12957997109785_thumb.png