Best Bang for buck CPU Cooler

SpeedCrazy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah..............Okay. Situation changes.

I have just ruined my case :ph34r: tried putting in a vent over the cpu cooler to let cool air directly to it. Now my exhaust fans pull their air directly from that, my gpus and cpu are now cooking. (seriously cooking, until i took off the side pannel my cpu hit 85 in 3 mins of folding)

So, am i better off ghetto fixing this case and getting a new cooler or getting another cheap case and a cheaper cooler, or a good case and no cooler upgrade?

Okay, it seems to be between the Thermaltake Frio and Tropical Priests D-14. I have not been able to contact him, but if i manage to sell these GPUs for a decent price i will be able to get a one whether from him or not.

TPs D14. $50 is a good deal for that.

Gah..............Okay. Situation changes.

I have just ruined my case :ph34r: tried putting in a vent over the cpu cooler to let cool air directly to it. Now my exhaust fans pull their air directly from that, my gpus and cpu are now cooking. (seriously cooking, until i took off the side pannel my cpu hit 85 in 3 mins of folding)

So, am i better off ghetto fixing this case and getting a new cooler or getting another cheap case and a cheaper cooler, or a good case and no cooler upgrade?

I run my computer sideless....so that's what I recommend :thumbsup:

Yeah. Well i have hardwood floors, also we have dogs 'visiting' occasionally. another thing is that my powerful exhaust fans make almost no difference to temps when the side is off. So it just doesn't seem as efficient. And most importantly i like my computer to atleast look neat if not slick. :biggrin:

So back to my question.

Hmm. It looks like the best bet. But eventually i do want a nicer bigger easier to wire manage case. But hey who doesn't.

Ghetto fix it is. and probably that noctua. How does it compare to the Frio?

EDIT: Just realised, idk if either cooler will fit this case. :unsure:

Edited by SpeedCrazy

Idk what your comment means but, i dont think i could fit either noctua in my case but i could just cram the frio in i think. I was wondering, if i upgraded to a case with better air circulation(would be nice to have a quieter and neater case) and stuck some high power fans (currently my exhaust fans) on my cooler with the supplied brackets, would it improve my cpu and gpu temps? Then i would be able to spend a bit more as it is a longterm investment.