Overclocking Q9450

Asinorum

Care to explain? I haven't had any problems now @ 3.6GHz...

I haven't used it for a long time, so I don't exactly remember what problems I had, but I do remember having a hell of a time getting to 3.6 ghz on that board, and being able to do 4 ghz pretty easily on a p35 and p45 gigabyte board.

I haven't used it for a long time, so I don't exactly remember what problems I had, but I do remember having a hell of a time getting to 3.6 ghz on that board, and being able to do 4 ghz pretty easily on a p35 and p45 gigabyte board.

Yeah I mean I've had this system for over 2 years now. I don't really want to invest much more into it. I am just looking to see what it can do before I build something new. I know everything has limits. Only thing I've noticed so far that has been obvious is the Vdroop. Just want a solid overclock that I can maintain 24/7 for about a year or so.

Edited by Asinorum

Speaking of vdroop, have you done the pencil mod yet? It fixes the vdroop a little bit, google how to do it, it's real simple and makes a big difference. Just be sure to use a really soft pencil, the softer the better.

Edited by l33t p1mp