Crossfire: Which card to get + x8 question

m0rphr3us

[...] and what do u mean he didnt say anything about crossfire??? its in his title..

plus it wont game on 4 monitors anyway.. 3 is the max ull be able to game one and i seriously dont recommended it on a few gpu intensive games.. :)

Yes, but from his initial post, it seems his understanding of Crossfire is simply having 2+ cards in his system, not linking 2+ same series cards together for increased performance. It seems as if he just wants to add an additional card to his system to add another monitor. However, as IVI pointed out (which I assumed was implied), another 5830 (or really another 58xx card) in Crossfire would get that job done AND benefit gaming, etc etc.

I was merely offering offering an on-the-cheap solution for what I saw as the issue.

Yes, but from his initial post, it seems his understanding of Crossfire is simply having 2+ cards in his system, not linking 2+ same series cards together for increased performance. It seems as if he just wants to add an additional card to his system to add another monitor. However, as IVI pointed out (which I assumed was implied), another 5830 (or really another 58xx card) in Crossfire would get that job done AND benefit gaming, etc etc.

I was merely offering offering an on-the-cheap solution for what I saw as the issue.

I was, in fact, under the impression that to run a second card, I would need to be using crossfire. Since that is not the case, I guess i didn't actually need to cancel that order but rather than shelling out $120 for a 5770, it makes more sense to get that performance boost and grab another 5830 anyhow considering they're not much more. So I think I actually am going to do that. Just clarifying.