1st time overclocker

Syke_Stryker

So I've been a tech head a long time and been building my own custom PC's for 6 years now, but this is the first time I've ever overclocked a PC. I usually just build some overpowered beast that doesn't need to be OC'd because it wouldn't improve my gaming anyways lol

but I'm selling this beast to my younger bro for a decent price and thought I'd buff it up with an OC because it's about 2 years old now and I'm thinking it's gonna need the boost for those new MMO's coming out later this year.

so far this is what I've done to it CPU-Z specs

but I wouldn't mind some input from some ppl with more experience.

I've already stress tested with Prime95 for 12 hours without any errors :D

Edited by Syke_Stryker

Hello and welcome to OCC.

Not an overclocker, but you may get a little more, temperatures are important so if you want a little help from the experts it would help to know your system specification.

So I've been a tech head a long time and been building my own custom PC's for 6 years now, but this is the first time I've ever overclocked a PC. I usually just build some overpowered beast that doesn't need to be OC'd because it wouldn't improve my gaming anyways lol

but I'm selling this beast to my younger bro for a decent price and thought I'd buff it up with an OC because it's about 2 years old now and I'm thinking it's gonna need the boost for those new MMO's coming out later this year.

so far this is what I've done to it CPU-Z specs

but I wouldn't mind some input from some ppl with more experience.

I've already stress tested with Prime95 for 12 hours without any errors :D

Welcome to OCC Syke_Stryker! :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy your time here mate. A lot of knowledge floating around here :)

I'm curious, what's your beast's specs?

That's a fair overclock on the E8400 without getting too crazy. I'd stand pat where you're at. Especially considering that it's Prime stable for 12 hours and you're cpu vcore is well within a reasonable range.