ATI overdrive and heat

CC186Kmps

let me just sat out by saying I AM SO CONFUSED.

I had a huge post typed out for you guys about stock temps and defualt MHz...and OC temps etc etc...but I just updated to Catalyst 10.12...now everything is invalid. I was going to talk about auto tune..apparently 10.12 doesn't have that? I went from 10.10 to 10.12 btw.

stock #s are 940/1150

10.10 idle temp was 57C

10.12 idle temp changes between 39-40C

there is a "Current Values" section.

10.10 said 700/1150

10.12 says 100/300

auto fan speed also decreased on auto

10.10 28%

10.12 21%

my question is: what kinds of OC speeds can I get away with? I downloaded msi afterburner, and frankly it doesn't let me change anything more than ati overdrive...what would be my next step? what can I test load numbers with?

thanks for reading, any info is good info

If you have Afterburner already, you can get MSI Kombustor as well which will let you test the card and any OC you do on it. Start slow with the OC, don't just immediately jump to something high. Start off at 5MHz increments and go from there until artifacts appear (little white dots).

ok, what should I put the different settings on? benchmarking, stability, post-processing, xtreme burning mode

my resolution is 1920x1080 so i'll put that.

now when you say 5MHz, are you talking GPU or Memory?

i'm sorry I am asking so many questions

5MHz for both core clock and memory clock. Also, take the fan off of auto and crank it up to 100% to ensure everything stays stable. There will be more noise but it is worth it to not overheat the card once you get to higher clocks.

As for the setting, stability is what you want for right now.

Don't worry about asking a bunch of questions. The more you ask, the more you will learn.