PC Leaked, Wont Go into Post

Born2rade

Well Today is my Birthday and well behold my tube came out and starting squirting out everywhere. i dryed everything, not much water got into the PC but i guess it did because it won't go into post now.

The PC starts up, Everything lights up fine and seems to be running. THe PC did post fine at first but my desktop wouldnt show up, so than i tried resetting CMOS after i did that now it won't POST.

Any Help?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you let it completely dry out before starting it up? Best place to start if you have some older spare parts lying around is to start swapping parts out to try to rule out the motherboard being fried. Also, if you can get it to post again but it still won't load Windows all the way, try using a live CD such as Knoppix or FreeSBIE. Best of luck!

It is prob too late I did turn it on twice. First was when windows would not show. Second was when I reset cmos and then didn't hear any post beeps after that I unplugged it and is now left alone. Boy I made huge mistake.

Well at least you'll never do it again.

I dont know if it will be the same here but i spilled water on a p3 chip whilst it was running and it hissed, sparked and died but then when i tried turning it on 2 days later it booted fine. Good Luck.

When i got back from work yesterday i turned on the computer and it booted to windows fine. I replaced the tube which was a way tighter fit and i thought it wouldnt popout again but behold it poped out once again. No water leaked, temps went to 100C's+ on realtemp and the comp froze and i was able to shut it off right away. I"m going to keep it off until i find a perminant fix so that tube will not popout. I have to find a specific degree angle fittings so the tube will be straight and not so forced.

The processor should be ok... i hope. This is what happend the first time, the second time was the leak spray.

Edited by Born2rade

Well Today is my Birthday and well behold my tube came out and starting squirting out everywhere.

I'm sorry - but I read that and just couldn't stop laughing!!! rofl.gif

What kind of coolant was running through there?

Edited by mcw

Haha, mcw has jokes ;)

If the bend is tough and similiar to what I was dealing with, you need (2) 45 degree fittings, which you can find easily. I know bitspower and koolance both make them. I was having an issue going from my cpu block to the res, the bend was just to tight. A 45 coming out of the cpu block, a 45 on the intake of the res, and a straight piece of tubbing to connect them did the trick!

I'm sorry - but I read that and just couldn't stop laughing!!! rofl.gif

Same with me. I find it is always funny when someone else's components break. It is also easy to recommend purchasing components when its not your money. And easy to give advise when you don't have to do it.

Same with me. I find it is always funny when someone else's components break. It is also easy to recommend purchasing components when its not your money. And easy to give advise when you don't have to do it.

I take it you didn't read the quote I was laughing at, did you? If you read that, not knowing it's about watercooling, it's funny...