Can't clock AMD 965 past 3.6 - help please!

wowdoggy954

try running 1 stick of ram and re seating the cooler with the upgraded paste.

best way to overclock is to 1 setting at a time.

- run everything default and run occt or prime which ever you prefer and see what the temps are ( do this after re seating the cooler)

- up your multiplier by .5 if it still runs perfectly fine then repeat the process until it hits the wall aka bluescreen ( keep an eyes on temp allways) ( i believe alot 965 c2 would hit the wall default voltage at 3.6)

- once u blue screen its time to bump up the cpu voltage by.025 then repeat the process. after 1.55 it pretty much become unstable. so i would keep it at 1.5 max

Okay, I've incorporated every suggestion into my attempts at a higher clock and yielded the same results, but now I know.

My final setting is 204 x17.5 = 3570 MHz

One question more: Is the RAM at 1333 9-9-9-24 faster than 1066 8-8-8-20?

Edited by wowdoggy954

Okay, I've incorporated every suggestion into my attempts at a higher clock and yielded the same results, but now I know.

My final setting is 204 x17.5 = 3570 MHz

One question more: Is the RAM at 1333 9-9-9-24 faster than 1066 8-8-8-20?

It's probably just a bit slower...

Here's something I use when looking at RAM http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=160

Basically, high frequencies and tight timings are good. But when it comes to DDR3 usually the higher frequency is better, despite it having looser timings. This was pretty much the opposite with DDR2.