Rolling waves on screen

usaweapon777

Hey guys, well I bought a gt240 when they went on sale at newegg for 35 bucks and after installing it seems to function fine. Been completing its f@h workunits and played some games well. However I've noticed that depending on the color it seems to have these horizontal waves that move downward. Like for example on occ i see this rolling movement. I am using a vga cable until I can get a dvi but I'm wondering whats up. Any help appreciated.

Edit: it seems to occur while f@h is running. Making me wonder if the card is starving for juice though my 4670 did not do this when i had it and it also was folding

Edited by usaweapon777

do u notice this while playing game, scrolling a web page or with images moving on the screen???

sounds like the V sync is out.. meaning the card is outputting more frames than ur monitors refresh rate.. if its that, its called Tearing... i get that when i benchmark as every game i have ive got the V sync option on otherwise i cant play.. lol coz it looks so horrible

I only notice it with certain colors on the desktop or on a forum. IDK about games because its been folding nonstop. It goes away when I pause the gpu client though so I'm not sure . I'll mess with it more after tomorrow.

I only notice it with certain colors on the desktop or on a forum. IDK about games because its been folding nonstop. It goes away when I pause the gpu client though so I'm not sure . I'll mess with it more after tomorrow.

Does it also do it in BIOS and anywhere else not in windows? I had this just today on a rig of mine and it just turned out to be my VGA cable.