Network help

fish93

Hi guys,

I need help to share the internet connection between my desktop & laptop, I hav a Wimax adapter but hw can I share the net. Is it possible to do it thru the ethernet......

Wht else do u need to knw ?

What type of connection does the desktop use wired or wireless?

What you can try to do is enable ICS or Internet Connection sharing on the Wimax connection and then try to bridge the connection between the Wimax and wired connection.

Edited by fire_storm

What type of connection does the desktop use wired or wireless?

What you can try to do is enable ICS or Internet Connection sharing on the Wimax connection and then try to bridge the connection between the Wimax and wired connection.

The desktop uses a wired connection.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are referring to a Blue-ray player then yes it will work on any TV that has at least 1 HDMI port. You will need an HDMI lead as well to connect it up to the TV. it may be worth purchasing one of these separately from any computer store because some players don't come with them in the box.

If you are referring to a Blue-ray player then yes it will work on any TV that has at least 1 HDMI port. You will need an HDMI lead as well to connect it up to the TV. it may be worth purchasing one of these separately from any computer store because some players don't come with them in the box.

:blink:

• 1 month later...
Guest ammygill

HI,

Another way to do this would be to install the free software, Connectify on your computer with the WiMax connection which will turn that computer into a wireless router. You won't need to use your current wireless router to do this. All of your wireless devices will be able to connect directly to the machine with the WiMax.

Guest ammygill

HI,

Another way to do this would be to install the free software, Connectify on your computer with the WiMax connection which will turn that computer into a wireless router. You won't need to use your current wireless router to do this. All of your wireless devices will be able to connect directly to the machine with the WiMax.

Regards

Network Cabling

Edited by ammygill

Just buy a cheap $40 wireless router. They are simple to setup and take only about 5 minutes to do so... you can even hook wired connections up to it. That way you don't need to mess with setting ip addresses, as the DHCP server on the router will automatically assign them for you.

I am assuming your wimax connector is connected via usb? If so there are a few different models of routers that are made to support wimax, and 3G cards out there.