Watercool liquid level

pointman

Hi all

Has it occur to you that the water leak is so minor that you have to mark the level on the res and notice a slight level drop after a 4-5 days of 24/7 operation?

I've marked the cooling level with a tape on the res and noticed that after 4 days the level was dropped like 1-2mm

I've checked all compression fittings and tubing and everything is dry. As a last resort I've wrapped all fittings with paper towel parts, I will remove then after a few days of 24/7 operation hoping I'll find blue(ish) drops in one of them

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone

P.S. Res is in my signature

Edited by pointman

Some drop is normal due to bubbles being pushed out of the system. Mine has dropped slightly since my last fill as well (a few weeks ago) but I haven't noticed any staining near any of the hose attachments.

Some drop is normal due to bubbles being pushed out of the system. Mine has dropped slightly since my last fill as well (a few weeks ago) but I haven't noticed any staining near any of the hose attachments.

Trapped air bubbles sounds reasonable but air evaporation in a "almost" air proof loop so fast doesn't make much sense

Trapped air bubbles sounds reasonable but air evaporation in a "almost" air proof loop so fast doesn't make much sense

Agreed - that's why I added a small amount of dye to my system to make it easier to spot slow leaks. I haven't noticed much drop after the first few weeks of running it so I'm thinking it's just the final bits of air making it to the reservoir.

Just keep and eye on it. :)

water evaporates? i lose alot and don't even run it 8/hr a day. if everything is dry than you should be fine.

I'm guessing since you run it off and on you've never really gotten all of the bubbles out of the system.

Edited by Waco

Pointman,

There will be some water loss due to heat and evaporation. Not to worry as long as you don't visually see a leak. The amount of water you lose will depend a lot on how many connections you have in your loop, whether you're running a reservoir or not etc. The most common places for evaporation to occur is at your fittings or from the top of your reservoir/fill port.

Regards,

Pointman,

There will be some water loss due to heat and evaporation. Not to worry as long as you don't visually see a leak. The amount of water you lose will depend a lot on how many connections you have in your loop, whether you're running a reservoir or not etc. The most common places for evaporation to occur is at your fittings or from the top of your reservoir/fill port.

Regards,

My loop is this Res > Pump > GPU1 > GPU2 > CPU > Rad1(120.2) > Rad2(120.3)

My res is an EK-Bay spin white acetal, All connections are compression fittings, regular and 90°. The 90° revolve around base. I've read in a forum or two that the latter is prone to minor leaks cause by the revolve around base "feature"

Links to the fittings used:

EK-PSC Fitting 10mm - G1/4 Black

and

10/13mm 90° Screw On Fitting G1/4 V1

My idle temps are:

CPU(oc 3.8): 45°

GPU1: 40°

GPU2: 39°

Room ambient: 27°

Given the above info and supposedly that there're no leaking how often do you refill your res? for example refill it from 1/2 back to 3/4 full again

Sorry for the noob (any maybe silly) question but this is my first wc rig and your much more experienced opinion would help me lots

When I was using an external reservoir and multiple blocks in my loop, I would need to top it off at least once a month.

Since then I've sold all of my complicated watercooling gear/loops and went with one of Swiftech's MCR Drive Series setups. Of course I'm only cooling my i7 with it. Gone are NB and GPU loops.