A few questions about the H50 and my push/pull setup.

Hi there OCC I got a few questions regarding my H50 and the fans I'm using. For my push/pull setup im running 2 Antec Tricool fans on high but noticed on my Hardware monitor that the fan speeds are a little...out of whack, it will go as low as 900 RPM to 3500 RPM randomly, I was wondering if someone could help me make this stop? I heard you can just cut a wire to fix this but I dont quite know which wire to cut: The one connecting to a fan, or one of the fan wires themselves.

I have the fans connected via an adapter to the CPU fan header on my motherboard, but each fan has their own speed settings; Low, Medium and High, of which I have both on High right now.

Edited by deadnlovinit89

It's either your bios controlling the fans, but I doubt that, it's most likely that you have both fans hooked up on one motherboard fan header.

Having 2 fans hooked up to one header may be taking to much power, that the header is not designed for!

I would recommend that you hook the fans directly to your power supply, that will take your motherboard out of the equation!

BTW...that setup should cool your cpu very nicely!!!

It's either your bios controlling the fans, but I doubt that, it's most likely that you have both fans hooked up on one motherboard fan header.

Having 2 fans hooked up to one header may be taking to much power, that the header is not designed for!

I would recommend that you hook the fans directly to your power supply, that will take your motherboard out of the equation!

BTW...that setup should cool your cpu very nicely!!!

:withstupid:

if the fans have their own little fan speed switches, connect them to the PSU directly. The motherboard probably doesn't know what's going on since both are connected to one header

Actually yes I am, I've never had this happen before using air but at max load it only goes up 4 degrees, never seen it and didn't believe it but Hardware Monitor never lies, atleast it hasn't before, makes me wonder about ASUS's PC probe, no matter how many different ASUS Mobo's or processor's I use they ALWAYS say 36 degree's, even under Prime95...just....36 Degree's! lol