OpenOffice and Windows 7 x64

Miek

I know some of the older versions of OpenOffice didn't play nice with 64 bit OS's, especially Windows 7- I experienced it first hand. It'd install all fine and nice but would run really eratically and crash after a short while. It's been a while; I forget specifics like error codes and such.

Now, what I'm wondering is: Does the latest version of OpenOffice work well with a 64-bit OS? I would just download it and try it out but the internet service at my apartment is slow and I don't like waiting long times for downloads especially if I download it only to find out that it doesn't work properly.

I've been working the Google machine, but so far all the results have been for older versions of OpenOffice.

Many thanks! :)

ALTERNATIVELY: Could someone recommend a good online Office suite? I've been using Google Docs but I really don't like it because it's so basic and I can never bend the headers and footers to my whim.

Edited by Miek

I ll try it right now.

Check back for updates.

EDIT: I cant get it to crash. But then i dont use the software and dont know how to stress it. But randomly hitting buttons and trying all the options whilst giving it multiple commands did not crash it.Hope that helps.

Edited by SpeedCrazy

OK, I guess I'll download it and just have to wait.

EDIT: OK, it's downloaded and installed. It seems to be getting along with the OS this time. :)

Edited by Miek