New mouse

cali101

As the topic description suggests, i'm planning on replacing my, quite frankly awful, Microsoft Optical Mouse 2000.

I'm looking for a gaming mouse with DPI settings, and that is considerably bigger than my current mouse (my hand ends up resting on it kind-of like a spider, since it's way too small).

Aside from that, it doesn't really matter what features it has. I don't mind whether it's wired or wireless, as long as the cable isn't heavy...

Price range is anywhere up to £50.

I've been looking at the Saitek Cyborg r.a.t 3, Razer boomslang (there're still a few around, interestingly enough), or the Sidewinder x8. Any other suggestions are welcome though - i don't really know anything about computer mice (as i'm sure you can tell, based on my choice of first mouse!).

thanks,

Calimero

Edited by cali101

I am using the Razer Imperator right now which is a good mouse. The other one i would suggest is the Logitech mx518 that is a fantastic mouse and can get it fairly cheap. Both of these mice have adjustable dpi on the fly.

I am using the Razer Imperator right now which is a good mouse. The other one i would suggest is the Logitech mx518 that is a fantastic mouse and can get it fairly cheap. Both of these mice have adjustable dpi on the fly.

Eeeewwwww!!! the mx518 looks utterly horrible!

Would you say that the imperator is worth buying (for the price)??

I also have an "Optical Mouse 2.0A", which is really comfortable, and almost big enough too, but it only has the standard 3 buttons (left, middle, and right-click) :(

It's kind of old now but I still like the shape and size of the Logitech VX Revolution which is a largish notebook mouse (large for a notebook but small for a desktop) but I find the size to be just right. I use it with a tiny nano receiver cannibalized from another (now dead) mouse. Fortunately, it was possible to pair the mouse with the Nano receiver, although I now have forgotten the steps involved.

G500 should fit the bill. Unless it's too ugly for you lol. You can find it on sale here and there for decent prices. It has adjustable DPI, a butt ton of buttons, adjustable weights, and is pretty comfortable in my fairly large hands. But then again, I love the shape of the logitech gaming mice. You may not.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a CM Sentinel Advance - very comfortable. Adjustable DPI up to 5600, adjustable weight, light cord, plenty of buttons...

Not sure about price, but got mine for $69AU, so should be below £50..

In person the MX518 actually looks way better than the pictures give credit. I had one for almost 5 years till the scroll wheel broke :( I should have gotten another one instead of this deathadder.

it's too late now - I got the Logitech G9X. It has near-enough all of the features of the X8 (with the exception of being wireless), and it interested me because it has 3 different sizes (I was hoping that one of them would fit my hands!).

The largest size fits almost perfectly, but it's for 'palmers', so i'll have to get used to that...

Thanks for the help though, 'tis much appreciated :)

Calimero