OC a Q8300

LT8239

Its not a factory cooler its made by Ultra is just designed as a low profile. its all aluminum with two 6mm heat pipes and its an 80mm fan. So its gotta be better then stock for what im doing

Its not a factory cooler its made by Ultra is just designed as a low profile. its all aluminum with two 6mm heat pipes and its an 80mm fan. So its gotta be better then stock for what im doing

Still though, those temps are really high for how little it's overvolted and overclocked. Low profile = Low cooling performance, stock or not

I am assuming that CPU Cooler is the one you are using. I do not know how much better that is that the stock cooler. Your voltage still seems a little high for those clocks. I bet you can lower it even more , probably 1.25v for you vCore and still have stability. Lower voltage = Lower Temperature and that is important since that CPU cooler doesn't seem to be doing the job you have given it.

Your right that is my cpu cooler. I noticed my side fresh air vent cone doesnt reach the cpu any more so I was thinking of either replace it with something longer that does reach it and possibly surround the heatsink, or replace it with a 80mm high flow fan. As an intake or exhaust fan I will have to do trail and error to see what would drop the temps more. If I put my hand over the front of the vent I can barley feel any air being pulled in. Also I noticed my GTX 275 and HDD block the air flow from my lower 120mm intake so it doesnt get to the upper portion of the MB. So im gonna move my HDD to the lowest postion in the case possible to minimize this effect. Other potential promblems occur with the NB stock heatsink fan is desinged to be angled towards the cpu, as well as the psu has its fan facing towards the cpu as well. (the psu is a corsair GS700). I might just take the side panel off all togther if nothing works and remove the built in dust filter from the front of the case. The only thing I got going for me right now is that gfx card is made by EVGA so its fully enclosed and has an external exuast out the back of the case. I was also looking into a PCI slot fan if I really need it. Im also gonna get new thermal grease this friday.

P.S. my system locked up on me as I was just finishing writing this so I had to reset and start all over.

P.P.S. I took your advice and lowered my cpu voltage to 1.26v seems ok for now.

Run Prime 95 or Intel Burn Test quick and keep an eye on your temps and see if Intel Burn test says it is stable with the largest test you can do.

Maybe instead of buying a new fan for the cooler you have you could buy a new CPU cooler itself, if you want to go higher with your overclock the CPU cooler you have probably wont cut it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well its been a couple of weeks since the last post so heres an update for ya guys if you care to read it or not. So depsite what I was told to replace my cpu cooler I Invested in a $8 80mm high performance fan for the side of my case. I removed my side vent cone and mounted it to the back of the fan, mounted the fan to the side panel and extended the vent cone to sit around the cpu cooler. (At first posting I didnt relize the cone was adjustable. I thought i was gonna have to replace it.) Any ways now im idling at 45c and the highest Ive seen was 57c under load and that was for a mere sec. I aslo have further increased the cpu speed to 3.2ghz. It looks like there was just alot of heat "bleeding" from the rest of the case.