OCCT Power Supply Test

n0b0dy

I wish mine ran that cool - mine ran 90-100 or so gaming (Furmark brought it well over 100). I didn't worry about it one bit.

Of course - mine never breaks 45 C now. :lol:

can you imagine finding a waterblock for his 5770 and running it through your loop :O

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait? WHAT??? :O How did you manage to run it at that??? That's almost a 50% drop in temperature???

Alright, I purchased 3 chassis 120mm fans. Is it alright if I open my Sapphire HD 5770, apply Artic Silver 5, and reset the heatsink? Will it void my warranty or cause any problems? If you can, do reply soon, because I want to do it soon.

I haven't installed any of the chassis fans yet, because I want to fix the GFX card issue first.

Edited by n0b0dy

Wait? WHAT??? :O How did you manage to run it at that??? That's almost a 50% drop in temperature???

Alright, I purchased 3 chassis 120mm fans. Is it alright if I open my Sapphire HD 5770, apply Artic Silver 5, and reset the heatsink? Will it void my warranty or cause any problems? If you can, do reply soon, because I want to do it soon.

I haven't installed any of the chassis fans yet, because I want to fix the GFX card issue first.

water cooling :P

Pretty sure it will void the warranty. The only companies I have heard of that it wont is EVGA and XFX. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

If the card overheats and dies or something else happens it should be ok with Sapphire's reputation.

They would most likely send you a new one after you RMA'd yours to them.

I would suggest using different configurations with those new fans until you found the combination thats runs the coolest.

Edited by gabrieltessin

If you do decide to pull off the heatsink and use new thermal paste I'd suggest using something that isn't conductive (so no AS5). With the exposed core and surface mount components it's much more likely you'll screw something up if you use conductive paste.

Then again - I don't think you really have a temperature issue aside from low case airflow. ~90 C on a 5770 is nothing in Furmark after 7.5 hours. :lol:

If you do decide to pull off the heatsink and use new thermal paste I'd suggest using something that isn't conductive (so no AS5). With the exposed core and surface mount components it's much more likely you'll screw something up if you use conductive paste.

Then again - I don't think you really have a temperature issue aside from low case airflow. ~90 C on a 5770 is nothing in Furmark after 7.5 hours. :lol:

That and AS5 isn't the cream of the crop anymore anyway (unless he already has it).

I actually used AS5 on my 260's heatsink and didn't see any benefit, so whatever was on there must have been just as good

Holy moly! I installed a single fan. The Coolermaster 90 CFM Green LED Silent. My 5770 is stuck at 89 degrees celsius! At my room temperature of 40+ degrees!!! I also got two cheap fans. I'm going to exchange them tomorrow for one more of this! This fan is really great. It just has an audible noise, but I don't mind, considering the amazing cooling it provides!

Also, these temperatures are for 850/1200 mhz! :D :D :D

I'm not going to touch my 5770 now! Yay!!! Thank you green shiny fans!!

Edited by n0b0dy

Ofcourse! Thank you all!!! :) I hope I get these fans replaced for the green shiny ones! :) Wish me luck! Will post final temperatures and other related information in detail after I do some more tests! :)

Just a stupid question. The Coolermaster CFM 90 came with a 3 pin connector. Will it run faster/better if connected to a 4 pin connector or a 3 pin connector?

I just checked, my card runs at 90 when the chassis fan is attached to the 4 pin connector (from my PSU) instead of the 3 pin connector on the motherboard! Otherwise, it will continue to rise above 90 steadily when connected to the 3 pin connector on the board!

Edited by n0b0dy