endorphiend

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A 140.1 will not cool 2 fermis IMO.

Use a 120.2 for the cards and the 120.3 for CPU. That is the best choice.

You do know, that some people also take into account how their rig looks, as well as how it performs. If i loss 2c because something looks better, ill take the loss. Because my temps are low enough i can overclock past 4.000 and still be in the range i want. I dont expect someone running a test bench to understand, most people want there rig to look and perfrom at a high level. Thats why my computer looks like this, oh and this is a HAF X.

post-63985-1285855552633_thumb.jpg

Edited by crazy8s846

Thanks for more input.

If I'm running through a 140.3, 140.1, two GPU blocks (leaning towards the Danger Den 480 blocks based on this review, very low restriction), and a CPU block, what sort of pump should I be looking at? That's one aspect of the cooling system I haven't researched much yet, but I know flow could be a problem if I have all that in one loop.

Thanks for more input.

If I'm running through a 140.3, 140.1, two GPU blocks (leaning towards the Danger Den 480 blocks based on this review, very low restriction), and a CPU block, what sort of pump should I be looking at? That's one aspect of the cooling system I haven't researched much yet, but I know flow could be a problem if I have all that in one loop.

Laing D5, swiftech MCP655, the new swiftech MCP35X, with the res top would probably be the one i would go for.

http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-MCP35X-12V-DC-Pump-pr-4750.html

My personal fav. is the Aquastream XT ultra. I really like it that the pump has software with it.

post-63985-1285889572062_thumb.jpg

Thanks for more input.

I have a Laing D5 / Swiftech MCP655 and run it at just over the 2 setting out of 5...at the full setting it moves the water so damn fast my reservoir fills with bubbles from the turbulence. :lol: If you're shooting for low restriction throughout the loop then it'd make a good choice.

The 140.1 and a 140.3 will not work. I have no clue why you are even bring up 140MM anyway. They will not dissapate the heat properly due to a single 140. Get a 120.3 and a 120.2. It is that simple.

The extra dissapation from the 120.2 will be worth it ....... over a 140.1... The fermi's run pretty hot. Throw an overclocok and more voltage on them and you will probably not have enough cooling. Better to be safe than sorry. A good 120.1 dissapates 150W. I think the fermis put out 180W or more and that won't cut it. 180 X 2 = 360W minimum........ I would even consider 2 x 120.3's

120..3>>>PUMP>>>>> CPU>>>>>>120.2>>>>>>GPU>>>>>GPU>>>>>Res

Edited by Drdeath

The 140.1 and a 140.3 will not work. I have no clue why you are even bring up 140MM anyway. They will not dissapate the heat properly due to a single 140. Get a 120.3 and a 120.2. It is that simple.

The extra dissapation from the 120.2 will be worth it ....... over a 140.1... The fermi's run pretty hot. Throw an overclocok and more voltage on them and you will probably not have enough cooling. Better to be safe than sorry. A good 120.1 dissapates 150W. I think the fermis put out 180W or more and that won't cut it. 180 X 2 = 360W minimum........ I would even consider 2 x 120.3's

120..3>>>PUMP>>>>> CPU>>>>>>120.2>>>>>>GPU>>>>>GPU>>>>>Res

Maybe I'm being naive, but why are you dismissing 140's so easily without an explanation? A 120.5 (total) setup has 720 square cm surface area. A 140.4 setup has 784 square cm surface area which is ~9% more. I know the 140mm fans aren't as highly optimized as 120mm fans.

This review shows a 140.3 dissipating about 600W in the 10C delta graph, so I'd assume a 140.3 + 140.1 would be able to handle this setup.

I'm trying to see what gain there would be by attaching a radiator mount to the outside of my case, compared to keeping all the hardware inside. Are we talking a 2-3C difference, or 10C difference?

Maybe I'm being naive, but why are you dismissing 140's so easily without an explanation? A 120.5 (total) setup has 720 square cm surface area. A 140.4 setup has 784 square cm surface area which is ~9% more. I know the 140mm fans aren't as highly optimized as 120mm fans.

I was thinking 140.4 would be fine as well in terms of surface area / heat dissipation but I'm relatively new at this as well.

Edited by Waco