CPU + GPU Water Cooling Loop Order-- Help Needed

yungin73

Hey guys,

Installing my water cooling system when it arrives soon

and doing some prep before it comes.

Quick list of Cooling parts

Case- Haf X

Radiator- Black Ice gtx 360

*Should i mount 3 fans on the top of the case? or under the rad inside the case?

Pump- Danger Den 12v fixed speed pump

CPU Block- EK HF for amd phenom ii x6 1090t

GPU Block- DangerDen 5970

Tubing- Danger Den Clear UV Blue

So the loop i was thinking of is:

Pump--->Rad--->CPU--->GPU--->Rad

This is my first system so i just went with what

seemed most logical to me (CPU needs cooler water than GPU so have it first).

I've seen post saying that a resevoir is needed,

but i dont understand how i'd mount that in my case.

I've seen res's that mount in a Spare HD bay, but not sure.

But if i did get one, if someone could help explain to me how it works/if one is even really needed,

loop would probably go something like this

Res--->Pump--->Rad--->CPU--->GPU--->Rad

Future Thanks for your help!!

Pump>>>>Rad>>>>Cpu>>>>GPU>>>>Res

Although the heat dump from the pump is minimal, Pump>>> Rad is a tad better IMO.

Yea if you want like .8c or less better, T line or res, pump, cpu, gpu, rad to T line or res

Edited by crazy8s846

Yea if you want like .8c or less better, T line or res, pump, cpu, gpu, rad to T line or res

WTF it is better and I did mention minimal if you can read......... and he did not mention T line. Where did you pull that out of...

Edited by Drdeath

WTF it is better and I did mention minimal if you can read......... and he did not mention T line. Where did you pull that out of...

In the first place he will not see a differance, so there is no need of telling him it is better, for that small of a gain, and you have to have a T line or Res before your pump, it is really the only rule you have to follow in loop consturction. Sense this is his first watercooled system, it would probably be a good idea to tell him the most important rule in a loop. Which is T line or RES before the pump, every thing after that does not matter as much. Most people put the proc. after the pump, only hardcore people put the rad after the pump, so they can get that 5mhz more overclock they are looking for, so it is getting cooler water going to it, but it would not matter if it went to the cpu, or the video, or a chipset. yes you might get 1c or 2c degrees better on your cpu running it a certain way. But if you dont put a T line or Res in front of the pump, what you will probably end up with is a pump that does not work. Plus hows he going to fill his loop if he where to connect it the way you said, with out a T line or Res. Lets see you loop there DR. Id like to see the first ever pics of a loop with no T line or Res.

Edited by crazy8s846

In the first place he will not see a differance, so there is no need of telling him it is better, for that small of a gain, and you have to have a T line or Res before your pump, it is really the only rule you have to follow in loop consturction. Sense this is his first watercooled system, it would probably be a good idea to tell him the most important rule in a loop. Which is T line or RES before the pump, every thing after that does not matter as much. Most people put the proc. after the pump, only hardcore people put the rad after the pump, so they can get that 5mhz more overclock they are looking for, so it is getting cooler water going to it, but it would not matter if it went to the cpu, or the video, or a chipset. yes you might get 1c or 2c degrees better on your cpu running it a certain way. But if you dont put a T line or Res in front of the pump, what you will probably end up with is a pump that does not work. Plus hows he going to fill his loop if he where to connect it the way you said, with out a T line or Res. Lets see you loop there DR. Id like to see the first ever pics of a loop with no T line or Res.

Einstein, of course you need a res. It is rather simple to fill a loop without a "T" line. You made a comment that the experts put the rad after the pump...... I guess that is why they are "experts"/ The fact remains the same just as you said. Rad after pump.LOL

Einstein, of course you need a res. It is rather simple to fill a loop without a "T" line. You made a comment that the experts put the rad after the pump...... I guess that is why they are "experts"/ The fact remains the same just as you said. Rad after pump.LOL

I didnt say experts i said hardcore, I was hardcore but lost interest, thats all i used to spend my time doing was benching, trying to get the last 10mhz for a bench mark, That could be anyone that benches as a hobby, that could be you, and im sure your no expert. :snap: So lets see your loop post a picture. :rofl: Now im more interested in how good the rig looks, than i am about getting temps 1c lower. :cool2:

Edited by crazy8s846

I didnt say experts i said hardcore, I was hardcore but lost interest, thats all i used to spend my time doing was benching, trying to get the last 10mhz for a bench mark, That could be anyone that benches as a hobby, that could be you, and im sure your no expert. :snap: So lets see your loop post a picture. :rofl: Now im more interested in how good the rig looks, than i am about getting temps 1c lower. :cool2:

Crazy, you seem crazy on this thread! Your loop was the same as his......so wtf are you talking about. If Dr is no expert then niether are you, due to the fact that you just basically agreed with what he said. But, appeared to not agree and then state the same loop flow as he did, but talk S about Dr saying it would be minimal by pointing out that it would be minimal............LMFAO, I think this just about covers it!

But all 3 of us have stated that Res/T-Line --> Pump --> Rad --> CPU block --> GPU block(s) if applicable is the best flow chart for a loop. But hey let's talk S about all the people who agree with that ;)

Crazy, you seem crazy on this thread! Your loop was the same as his......so wtf are you talking about. If Dr is no expert then niether are you, due to the fact that you just basically agreed with what he said. But, appeared to not agree and then state the same loop flow as he did, but talk S about Dr saying it would be minimal by pointing out that it would be minimal............LMFAO, I think this just about covers it!

But all 3 of us have stated that Res/T-Line --> Pump --> Rad --> CPU block --> GPU block(s) if applicable is the best flow chart for a loop. But hey let's talk S about all the people who agree with that ;)

Im just messing around, hes probably a good guy, just really nothing to do. I dont work, dont have any money that i can spend after this last month of upgrades, wife would kill me if i buy any more for a while, and my name is crazy. :biggrin:

I would like to see his rig though, always nice to see other peoples rigs. I really like a nice rig.

Edited by crazy8s846