First build opinions and help

Yarok

Hey, so this is my first actual from scratch build, though I've upgraded many-a-friends' computers. I'm pretty much set on this build, though there are a couple things I'm not sure about, mainly concerning the CPU cooler, overclocking, and prices.

Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout + 2 fans

Mainboard: ASUS P7P55D-E Pro

CPU: Intel Core i5-760

GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GTX 460 1GB

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB

Boot Drive: OCZ Vertex 30GB

PSU: Antec EarthWatts 750W

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V6

First, I'd like to know from owners of the CPU cooler how it fits inside a case, specifically a case similar to the Storm Scout with side fans, because what I've heard and seen it is big. Second is that I've heard that memory with heatspreaders do not fit with the V6. What I'd like to know is whether it will fit with ripjaws on my mainboard. Third is overclocking. A lot of what I'll be doing is Photoshopping and gaming, and I'd like to know whether I could run well on stock settings, or if I should do a light OC or use turboboost. Another thing that applies to this is that, if I choose to run stock or turbo boost, could I run on a Hyper 212+. It would be cheaper, and would save a lot of trouble of debating over size. Lastly is prices. I have a budget of just over $1000, and I need to include the price of 1 $190 monitor, plus all applicable peripherals and an optical drive. I've double checked on every possible price, but I'd like to know if there are any better prices than that of Newegg (excluding the cooler), or if I should wait it out until black Friday.

Any help and/or criticism on the build is greatly appreciated.

I've looked at the Frio and decided that I prefer the V6. Thanks, but I'd like to know whether I'll need to overclock, and whether a V6 will be necessary or if I can live with a Hyper 212+.

simply because of the price

the V6 is great but you can achieve the same thing at half the price with a 212

and if you want to spend 50$, the frio cools even more

idle is 35 degrees and load is 50s which is what you want to aim for

right now hwmonitor says my cores are at 31

simply because of the price

the V6 is great but you can achieve the same thing at half the price with a 212

and if you want to spend 50$, the frio cools even more

idle is 35 degrees and load is 50s which is what you want to aim for

right now hwmonitor says my cores are at 31

Excellent, I guess I'll go for the 212+. Thank you very much.