Haf x water cooling help

yungin73

Hey occ forumites.

My wc parts will be here soon and I'm needing some help

with how I'm going to set up the system.

Radiator: black Ice gtx 360

pump: danger den's fixed speed pump 12v

CPU block- ek supreme hf

gpu block- danger den 5970

I'm guessing I'm going to mount my radiator at the top of the case?

Will I need to remove the fan at the top?

Also where will I mount the fans to cool the radiator?

What is a push pull? And how would I achieve that with this case?

Further,

when it comes to the loop I have this in mind

radiator-->pump--->CPU--->gpu--->radiator

will this loop work well?

I'm a noob case modder and a noob at wc

thanks for your help guys

• 2 weeks later...

Hey occ forumites.

My wc parts will be here soon and I'm needing some help

with how I'm going to set up the system.

Radiator: black Ice gtx 360

pump: danger den's fixed speed pump 12v

CPU block- ek supreme hf

gpu block- danger den 5970

I'm guessing I'm going to mount my radiator at the top of the case?

Will I need to remove the fan at the top?

yes you need to remove the fan at the top it wont work with the rad.

Also where will I mount the fans to cool the radiator?

What is a push pull? And how would I achieve that with this case?

On the top is where i have mine, push pull is with fans on both sides of the rad.

Further,

when it comes to the loop I have this in mind

radiator-->pump--->CPU--->gpu--->radiator

yes that order is fine, just remember you need a T line or res before the pump, it the only rule in loop order really.

will this loop work well?

yes it will.

I'm a noob case modder and a noob at wc

thanks for your help guys

I'm not sure about the new HAF 932 x but I think you can remove the top 2 fans and insert your favorite flavor of 120's in there in a "push-pull" configuration... All that simply means is there are fans in the intake and exhaust side of the radiator. But I,m not sure how much good that would do (may help alot) as I myself have never tried that.

yes you can mount the radiator up there. I looked at one the other day and there is plenty of room.

Not sure if you need to remove the top fans but it looks like you could actually use them.

That loop will work just fine. I'd go get you a res or a t-line fitting. I prefer res.

See my water cooling work log in Sig BeeLow. It may help you decide what or how to do it.

P.S.

If you want petrastechshop.com has a nice rad box that you would mount to the back of the case to support the rad if you wanted too.

You do not need a "T" line.. You need a res. Look at the Swiftech Microres. They are less than $30 and it does not take a lot of space. If you want a "T" line still get a res. Best loop the experts run is:

Pump>>>>>>Rad>>>>CPU>>>>>>>GPU>>>>>Res

Edited by Drdeath

I'm not sure about the new HAF 932 x but I think you can remove the top 2 fans and insert your favorite flavor of 120's in there in a "push-pull" configuration... All that simply means is there are fans in the intake and exhaust side of the radiator. But I,m not sure how much good that would do (may help alot) as I myself have never tried that.

yes you can mount the radiator up there. I looked at one the other day and there is plenty of room.

Not sure if you need to remove the top fans but it looks like you could actually use them.

That loop will work just fine. I'd go get you a res or a t-line fitting. I prefer res.

See my water cooling work log in Sig BeeLow. It may help you decide what or how to do it.

P.S.

If you want petrastechshop.com has a nice rad box that you would mount to the back of the case to support the rad if you wanted too.

When you delete your photos from photobucket, all your phots get deleted from the website. You link on you modded 900 has no photos.

You do not need a "T" line.. You need a res. Look at the Swiftech Microres. They are less than $30 and it does not take a lot of space. If you want a "T" line still get a res. Best loop the experts run is:

Pump>>>>>>Rad>>>>CPU>>>>>>>GPU>>>>>Res

You can have a T line or a res, ive used both, the Tline was good, it takes a little longer to bleed all the air out, but it didnt take more than a couple of hours, and it was really easy to fill the loop. The res bleeds off air a lot faster, and that is the only thing it does better, and its not as easy to fill the loop when it needs more coolent. I only use a res now because i like the way the one i have looks, other wise i would just use a T line. I dont know who these experts :haha: are you speak of. :rofl: