New to OCC

Yarok

Hey everybody. I'm new as a member on the forums, though I've read around a bit. I came here, well, to get help with my new (and first) rig. I've taken apart, upgraded, fixed, etc. other peoples cases and computers and had a lot of experience with hardware, but have never actually built one. I'm upgrading from an iMac G5 (ew) but it was a pass down and I never had funds to actually go build myself a new computer.

Generally, I'd like some help with the build I'm planning on buying. I'm pretty much set on it, but I want to know if it would be possible to get better prices for the parts (or different parts), since I'm running on a budget of just over $1300 (US). I'm planning on doing some (a lot) of gaming, so I'm spending more money on cooling, but I don't have the option of frequent upgrading unfortunately. I'm also planning on doing some OCing, not much, though unfortunately I haven't had any experience with that so help would be greatly appreciated. As follows:

Case: COOLER MASTER Storm Scout + 2 fans

Mainboard: ASUS P7P55D-E Pro

CPU: Intel Core i5-760

GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GTX 460 1GB

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB

Boot Drive: OCZ Vertex 30GB

PSU: Antec EarthWatts 750W

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212+

I'm starting completely from scratch, so peripherals and a monitor are applicable to the price.

Help would be appreciated greatly for both the parts and the OCing.

Also, sorry for the hasty intro and direct approach. :)

Thanks, will do, but what's wrong with the Hyper 212+?

Well at OCC good enough is never enough or something like that. Besides at only £19.99 I think you'd be better off spitting on your CPU to keep it cool especially with that nice i5. Now a D14 on the other hand one of the best Air-based CPU Coolers OF ALL TIME! :D. Or if you want something more exotic you could get a Corsair H50-1 or H70 for similar prices to the D14.

Thanks again, but the $80 price tag is a turn-off. I'm on a budget and with everything else I'm buying it seems I can't go over $60ish. The Cooler Master V6 and Thermaltake Frio look appealing, any opinions?