cooler master v10 or noctua ndh 14

chrisdebx

Hey rourkchris,

I was wondering what voltage ur running ur 4.3ghz on and what temps ur getting under full load.

I got a similar setup to urs:

i7-930 currently at 4.2ghz

Noctua NH-D14

Rampage II Gene

6gb RAM on 1603mhz

vcore at 1.34

Idle/load = 38c/82c

Antec 900

Im wondering if I put my NH D14 correctly to get those temps...first time I put a heatsink on by myself so I'm just wondering if I messed up or its ok.

@chrisdebx: Noctua NH-D14 is the way to go but be warned...its a tank of heatsink..barely clears my case and I had to put it in a vertical orientation to clear my RAM bars.

Cheers

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=161432&st=84&p=1727253entry1727253 1156/1366 OCC competition thread where you can find the screenshot of my overclock and of others. Best OCCT on air still.

1.368v and peak load temps were 77,77,74,72.

Ran my system @ 4.0Ghz 24/7 for about a year now. Just recently set it back to stock and undervolted slightly to see how low I could go and I can't notice a difference between stock and 4.0Ghz when playing games so I'm leaving it at stock and enjoying very low temps. I thought some of my games would push it but so far none have. This is with everything at their highest settings at 1920x1200. May have to buy Metro 2033 or wait until Crysis 2 comes out to justify going back to 4.0Ghz.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic