Highest Safe Limits

ir_cow

so i've been reading threads for each time someone is trying to overclock a D0 (usually ends in the temps are high or voltage is low) so my questions a little different. it seems no matter what i do i cannot get my memory to run at 1600 (i speaking about dual or triple channel with 2 /3 sticks). i can get it to 3.8ghz and 4ghz at 1200 but even at say 2.66 it will crash above. i narrowed it down to the memory controller which i think is the QPI correct? anyways whats the maximum safe voltages on the following.

CPU Voltage:

DRAM: 1.65 (we all know this)

IOH:

QPI/VTT: Stock (1.15V

ICH:

IOH CSI:

IOH/ICH PCIE:

CPU PLL:

i can do the rest, i just don't like auto and also guessing. it also seems the EZ OC does 1.5v for VTT and 1.9v for CPU PLL and i have no idea if this is bad, good or normal.

Edited by hornybluecow

TO get my DO to 4.0 prime stable I need just over 1.3volts but all chips are different and it really depends on your cooling.

WHat set of memory do you have to start with and maybe I can help you out!

i have 2 sets of 6GB . OCZ (3x2048MB) T/C Kit PN -OCZ3X1600R2LV6GK only using 1 set right now and i even use only 2 sticks for dual channel just to see if that works but nope. it has the XMP support but that doesn't even work (crashes either at the windows logo). i know for XMP mode it only supports 3 sticks so with all 6 slots filled its not gonna work.

i'm using the Thermalright 120 Extreme RevC for cooling, it keeps 4ghz at around 75c, i'm not so much trying to keep a 4ghz stable but more or less trying the highest for the memory but it has a hard time keeping 1200 stable. oddly enough if i boot memtest86 and run XMP mode it works, even 1200 is stable with no errors.

edit: it seems i've found my problem, my board isn't stable at 7.2Q and RAS for the memory the highest is 31 when 36 is needed for 1600 on my memory. go figure it seems this board has memory issues.

Edited by hornybluecow