Mouse questions

Ragnar27

On a mouse, does the DPI do anything except increase the movement speed of the cursor, or does it also increase response time? In certain articles i get the impression it could inscrease response time. Because i dont have my mouse set at the highest DPI possible, thus i wonder if i increased if there would be any performance boost. Also will there be any "real" difference between a 3G mouse and a 3.5G mouse, or is that a bunch of marketing shenanigans?

For 3G or 3.5G, that is mostly Razer marketing speak. Main difference is the DPI goes from 4000 on 3G to 5600 on 3.5G. If you use that high of a DPI setting, then you may like it. But for me, I don't think anything above 2000DPI is all that worth it. Above 3500DPI is far too sensitive and twitchy for most every game I know or play, so I think you'd be just fine with your current gaming mouse. If its getting long in the tooth or having problems, then maybe upgrade. I just think spending 80 dollars on an incremental upgrade isn't that wise but then again I go for good deals and huge discounts. :lol:

Btw, if your mouse has a polling rate of 500Hz (or less) and you upgrade to one with 1000Hz, you may see a slight performance bump. If your mouse is already at 1000Hz (or 1ms) then there won't be any.

High DPI and low sensitivity means you skip less pixels when moving your mouse around in an FPS.

Low DPI and high sensitivity means you skip more pixels when moving your mouse around in an FPS.

So a high DPI mouse is good for twitch shooter and getting those headshots.