HD5750 Overclocking question

I decided I wanted to try to OC my 5750 just to see what it can do, as it runs all my games on max settings with 80+ fps (20" monitor). I did a littel bit of googling, and couldn't find much on the clock speeds they were getting up to with stability. I was wondering what you guys think. Also, how long should I run the Kombustor benchmark stability test? I set the card to 800mhx core clock/ 1250 mem up from the stock 700/1150 and ran the stability test for 2 minutes. The temp on the card got up to 73c. I'm guessing that's not nearly long enough to tell me how stable it will be.

Oh, and how hot should I let it get before I can the test, I don't really want to fry my card.

In summary:

1.What clock speeds should be stable?

2. How long should I run the stability test?

3. At what temp should I shut it down?

Edited by F13Bubba

I run dual R5770's in my comp and am about to attempt to overclock them i will let you know how it goes, they are not the exact same card but should at least give a good indication of what the 5700 cards are capable of. Meanwhile you will just have to wait until someone who has your card or has experience with it sees your post.

ok so i have pushed my cards to 950/1300 and will probly leave it at that for now although i have read that i could get them to 1025/1350 if i wanted to. The temps got to 69 on one card and 62 on the other and these are fine. Above 70 and i would be cautious, 72 is still ok, but i wouldnt want it running that hot all the time.

In terms of your card, i would suggest reading this: http://www.overclock...s/xfx5750/5.htm as it talks about overclocking your exact card and he was able to achieve 845/1385Mhz

Also take a look at this from the same review: http://www.overclock...mages/atioc.htm

And google is your friend smile.gif

Thats very high for memoryon that card. I would question that this is a sample sent by manufacturer. They may have gotten a "cherry" picked card for the test.