Quality Headset

huhjunn

I'd go with the Plantronics. My buddy is using that one and he loves it, best headset he's used by far. The 4h is good but I find it to be too small.. if it was between the 5h v2 and the Plantronics, I'd go with the 5h v2. But not the 4h.

I've heard good things about the Razer Carcharias. Its 80 bucks so its within your budget. Seems to have good sound and a pretty good mic, should be ideal for games and music even. I nearly went with it but then I couldn't figure out why I needed a microphone when I don't really use one. :lol:

i have this one and can say without a doubt that the sound and mic quality is very good; however the overall feel is sort of flimsy. it could have been done better...

kwik edit: thicker padding would be better too, after several hours of gaming they start to irritate...

I'm using these now

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826265065

I got them for $35 on sale at newegg (sadly they aren't for sale now)

Sound quality is great for gaming, average for music. You can get them for $42 at BestBuy (Link)

From what I've been told, mic quality is great.

Be warned: my first set went bad, loosing sound in the left headphone, but I liked them so much I bought another pair.

Edited by BKen

i have this one and can say without a doubt that the sound and mic quality is very good; however the overall feel is sort of flimsy. it could have been done better...

kwik edit: thicker padding would be better too, after several hours of gaming they start to irritate...

When I was perusing the Razer site yesterday, I saw they had replacement pads for the Carcharias and Megalodon headsets. Cloth ones and leatherette ones.. the leatherette ones cost 5 bucks more than the cloth but I think its nice that they are offering replacement pads.

Hey guys, I'm new to the community and I was wondering if anyone could help me find a good quality headset for the money. My budget is 100 dollars give or take. Let the recommending begin!

Edit: A headset for gaming AND music

I am using a Gaming Headphone Headset with Microphone currently which I got from sourcingmap about two months ago. It's perfect for me to play my favorite games. And the microphone design make my talk with my friends freely.

You can cehck the item via: http://www.sourcingmap.com/surround-sound-usb-gaming-headphone-headset-with-microphone-p-40566.html

The price is under $100. Hope this helps.