Quality Headset

huhjunn

Hey guys, I'm new to the community and I was wondering if anyone could help me find a good quality headset for the money. My budget is 100 dollars give or take. Let the recommending begin!

Edit: A headset for gaming AND music

Edited by huhjunn

Hey guys, I'm new to the community and I was wondering if anyone could help me find a good quality headset for the money. My budget is 100 dollars give or take. Let the recommending begin!

What are you going to be using it for and what features do you want? Is it going to be a gaming headset? Or just used for listening to music? Do you want a mic?

Headsets are rarely as good as a headphone/microphone set up for the price.

This is what I suggest:

Grado Prestige Series SR-60i for Headphones (those are really good for anything...not just gaming and not just music)

Logitech Desktop Microphone

or

Logitech USB Desktop Microphone for microphone.

If you have a soundcard it's better to get the black mic because you can plug it directly to the sound card which I think will produce a better sound quality...although through the USB, the sound should still pass through the sound card. I got the USB version, though it was simply because I couldn't find the other one anywhere.

Edited by ballist1x

Microphones without a headset are usually terrible for gaming. You will most likely hear backround sounds and the quality will be junk. I can always say who uses a microphone that is not attached to a headset in TS/Vent/In game because they sound like crap.

If you do get a headset, be sure to also get a sound card as it sounds much better with a quality sound card.

I have this one in white and its awesome!

But remember I use this sound card with it and that is why it sounds better

With the sound card music sounds great and I sometimes get called a cheater/hacker in games because I can hear people trying to sneak up on me!

This was my first headset, and I must say the microphone was AWESOME! but for music it was not so great

Edited by Krieg1337

Microphones without a headset are usually terrible for gaming. You will most likely hear backround sounds and the quality will be junk. I can always say who uses a microphone that is not attached to a headset in TS/Vent/In game because they sound like crap.

I have to disagree here. Wanna be gaming headsets only go so far when it comes to good quality. A pair of headphones and a mic on the other hand can be a thousand times better any day, depending on your budget... but even if you had a unlimited money to spend, the most expensive headset you'd get is what.. 200$?... where as only a pair of professional headphones can go up to a 1600$ plus a recording mic for who knows how much more... I wanna see you try and say that that's bad quality. Anyway, if the guy wants a headset then he'll get one. I just suggested a better quality set up for the same amount from a professional brand for the headphones that makes some serious gear so even their cheap stuff is pretty good, and a reasonably good mic which I have and it's more than I can say about 80% of the other people on the internets.

I've gone through multiple headsets in the past, and my current one is probably the best built one I've owned. It's a Plantronics headset, and Deathmineral tells me that the voice quality is pretty damn good. The sound quality is actually better than most of the headsets I've owned, too.

The best part is that it was only like 30 bucks at best-buy. >:3

I have to disagree here. Wanna be gaming headsets only go so far when it comes to good quality. A pair of headphones and a mic on the other hand can be a thousand times better any day, depending on your budget... but even if you had a unlimited money to spend, the most expensive headset you'd get is what.. 200$?... where as only a pair of professional headphones can go up to a 1600$ plus a recording mic for who knows how much more... I wanna see you try and say that that's bad quality. Anyway, if the guy wants a headset then he'll get one. I just suggested a better quality set up for the same amount from a professional brand for the headphones that makes some serious gear so even their cheap stuff is pretty good, and a reasonably good mic which I have and it's more than I can say about 80% of the other people on the internets.

While I agree with getting a good pair of headphones and a separate mic, sometimes you want a headset for portability. If you get a desktop mic, they aren't the easiest to bring with you to LAN parties. A clip-on mic works just fine but if the headphones have a thick cord, it doesn't always work that well. So for portability's sake, a headset with the attached microphone works just fine.

There are some companies who make headphones, like Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic, that also make high quality headsets for gaming. From Sennheiser, you could go with the PC 350 headset which is phenomenal for games, music, and comes with an attached microphone that is one of the clearest around. Sure, it may not be as good quality as one of the standalone headphones from them, but its still really damn good imo. It is a bit on the expensive side but you can pick one up from Amazon for $150. Beyerdynamic has the MMX 300 headset which is great but.. 300 bucks. :P Retails for 440 so the claim of a headset stopping at 200 bucks is bogus... even the Sennheiser PC 350 retails at 230.

I've heard good things about the Razer Carcharias. Its 80 bucks so its within your budget. Seems to have good sound and a pretty good mic, should be ideal for games and music even. I nearly went with it but then I couldn't figure out why I needed a microphone when I don't really use one. :lol: