I hit a wall at 3.8ghz, Core i5

I have had my i5 for awhile and have had it set at 3.8ghz at 1.26v since the day I put my rig together and it has been incredibly stable. But a few times I have decided to not be satisfied with a 40% overclock and push it further, however no amount of voltage on the vcore seems to get me past 3.9ghz with anything but benchmark stability. The second all 4 cores kick on it shuts down. I set the RAM deviders low it is running at only 1200mhz when trying this.

Alarming when i set voltage above say 1.3v it makes a very audible clicking noise like old computers seem make, you know the electronicy noise? I don't know how to explain it. i think it may be a motherboard issue because the UD3 isn't exactly a high end board.

I know some processors don't overclock well but this one runs at 3.8ghz at a tenth of volt above stock. Please help me.

Is there anyway to get this stable? Oh and specs are in sig.

Edit: I switch off load line calibration and the clicking has went away at high voltages and I am running it at 4ghz right now. Any explanation for this?

Have you tried tightening or loosening your RAM timings? On my Phenom II X2 550 the only way I could get past 3.8GHz was by nudging the PCI-Express clock ever so slightly. Nudging it from 100MHz to 110MHz seemed to fix it although I'm not sure how safe it is to do that.

Have you tried tightening or loosening your RAM timings? On my Phenom II X2 550 the only way I could get past 3.8GHz was by nudging the PCI-Express clock ever so slightly. Nudging it from 100MHz to 110MHz seemed to fix it although I'm not sure how safe it is to do that.

I took the ram out of the equation by lowering than stock. I disabled the vdroop compensation and I have been having better luck, I am having a little trouble getting it stable I think I need better cooling to go any higher.